Summer Dream

Summer Dream

A Story by Winter of '97
"

A very short story of summers past

"

Every summer since I was born, that’s 14 summers. You were there, for each and every one. At first you were just another boy. Uninteresting, Shy, invisible. 3 summers ago, my thoughts changed. My feet were dangling of the edge of Playground Bridge when you pulled up, you were only 12 but your height and silence made you seem wise beyond your years. I remember that second our eyes met. Your clear blue eyes showed no emotion but something in them made me crack. Now every summer I wish hard for you to notice me. I became friends with your sister, just so I could see you more. Two summers ago we spoke for the first time. We only said hi, but from that one word you made me feel something I haven’t felt in a long time. Hope. Last summer we became friends of sorts. We played sports together and we hung out a bit at new years, but you seem to be holding back. You never let us be alone together and you never seem to reflect any emotions toward me accept dislike. I hope I’m just imagining it, because I love you. I really do. Every summer since I was born, that’s 14 summers. I’ve been drowning for three summers. Drowning in your perfect blue eyes, with no hope of being saved.

© 2012 Winter of '97


Author's Note

Winter of '97
So...what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww, this is so cool! I wish I could write like you! You need to show me how you write this stuff. Definitely keep writing this.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2012
Last Updated on March 28, 2012
Tags: Love, Childhood, Summer, Dream, Beach

Author

Winter of '97
Winter of '97

About
Hey(: I'm fourteen years old and was born in New Zealand(: though im also a British citizen(: I love writing but can never seem to finish anything!! more..

Writing