The Teenagers Of Today

The Teenagers Of Today

A Story by Winter of '97
"

A short article and idea, reflecting upon the ideals of todays Teenagers (my age group(;) and comparing to the ideals in the Wizard of Oz.

"

I have always admired the story of the Wizard Of Oz. The characters in the story are on the search for brains, courage, heart and home. I admire this because it is so unlike the ideals of people my age. The majority of them want one thing. Beauty. They want to be looked upon by all, as fair, and dazzling. They want everyone to fall for them. But I cannot understand why people want to love someone who only loves them for their appearance. Once you grow old and ugly, they aren’t going to you anymore. And then you will be left with no qualities of interest. So in the end I wish peoples ideals could be the same as the Wizard of Oz characters.

For Brains, for Courage, for Heart, and for Home.

© 2012 Winter of '97


Author's Note

Winter of '97
What do you think? Agree? Disagree?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RG
I do agree with you to a greater extent. Everyone today wants to be beautiful but we need to understand that external beauty might please us for sometime, but its always the inner beauty which counts. Great thought !

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Added on March 29, 2012
Last Updated on March 29, 2012

Author

Winter of '97
Winter of '97

About
Hey(: I'm fourteen years old and was born in New Zealand(: though im also a British citizen(: I love writing but can never seem to finish anything!! more..

Writing