Death

Death

A Poem by Deep in the Woodline...
"

A little acrostic that just popped up out of nowhere.

"
Dearly departed sleeps straight through it
Even though it's as important as birth
And guaranteed to last much longer
Than the trivial time spent living
How sad, they'll never even know they died

© 2010 Deep in the Woodline...


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gosh.........that sums up death very well, the one thing we cannot control is death, and we are unaware of what we leave behind, the trivial time spent living we can only hope to build wonderful memories for those that we leave............anything else is a waste of time...............loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You've always been wonderful with acrostic poetry. I think it's lovely, thought provoking (as Fabian's comment shows) and well written.

Great writing, as always

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, ol' Will fell strangely quiet after his demise. He's either having a helluva dream, is not allowed to talk to us anymore, or something went wrong...very, very wrong in his plans for immortality. Your guess is as good as mine.

I have a theory on your scientific query tho. While "energy cannot be created nor destroyed" is quite true, it is also true "that it can only be transferred from one form to another." As a dead body assumes room temperature, the heat (energy) is dissipated into the atmosphere around it. It was not destroyed, merely transferred. Sorry, Mr. Gore, but you should be trying to cure death if you want the true solution to global warming. ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Funny, but who says? (That they won't know I mean) Old Shaky Spear had Hamlet asking, "What dreams may come?" I've often pondered that thought after a sweet dream upon waking. Perhaps death is one long eternal dream dreamed by the soul instead of the mind (which is dead with the rest of the body) We know our brains work on electricity (little synapses firing away nueron transmitters and such) and electricity is pure energy and the second law of thermodynamics in physics is "energy cannot be created or destroyed" so...where does that energy within us go? It's not a "religious" question but a scientific one. Do the dead go on dreaming? I think it would be nice to live in pleasant dreams forever...or to die in my sleep. lol I like your acrostic though...it's really kind of witty and funny.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

546 Views
4 Reviews
Added on June 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 15, 2010

Author

Deep in the Woodline...
Deep in the Woodline...

Where-You-Least-Expect-Me-To-Be, KY



About
Trying to find my way out of the forest. I have been lost for so long now, but I finally see some light. more..

Writing