Death Comes Calling

Death Comes Calling

A Story by in-this-darkness-i-see-colors
"

She sobbed hysterically over his lifeless body. A feeling of hopelessness engulfed her. What would she do without him?

"
It was raining. 
  
Her grandfather used to tell her that when it rained it meant the angels were cry. So were they? 

 Serena didn't know, all she knew, know and then, was that he was gone. It had happened earlier that night. When it happened it was all so fast, but now it felt like time was stopped, and she was the only one aware of it.
  
 They had gotten into a fight. That fight.... it was the worse they've ever had. She remember yelling at him, telling him she never loved him. Anything to make him mad, she regrets it now more than ever.
 
 Guilt. it engulfs her. Why, why didn't she just keep her big mouth shut? She doesn't even remember why she said it, all she knows is that she did.

 The call came later after the fight, he had gotten hit by a car. She was frozen in her spot. He was gone. Some part of her hoped that it was all a joke, and that he'd burst in through the door with the same goofy smile he always wore. But he doesn't, and she knows, that he's gone.
 
 The funeral comes a week later. She can hardly bring herself to drag herself out of bed to go. She doesn't want to face his family, knowing she killed their son. 

 " Serena... " her mother whispered. " Don't " she snapped. " I'm fine. " Her mother pressed her lips in a tight line, but said nothing more.

 She doesn't say anything at the ceremony. What's there to say? She tones out the words of his family and friends, her mind is elsewhere.

 Her eyes doesn't leave his lifeless body even once, and when all the speeches are over, before his body is lowered into the ground. She walks up to  his casket.

 And for the first time since he died. She cried. She sobbed hysterically over his lifeless body. A feeling of hopelessness engulfed her. What would she do without him?

 She was pulled back, it was time to lift the casket. She wasn't ready yet, but said nothing.

 They lowered him into the ground. People we're crying, some we're hugging. But she didn't do anything. Only stare.

 She felt lost. Like a piece of her was missing, and it was. If only he we're here, sitting next to her, whispering sweet nothings into her ear, stroking her hair, while she played with his jacket zipper.
 
 But he wasn't, and he wouldn't ever again. He was dead, and it was all her fault.
 
 

© 2013 in-this-darkness-i-see-colors


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on December 12, 2013
Last Updated on December 13, 2013
Tags: Romance, Death

Author

in-this-darkness-i-see-colors
in-this-darkness-i-see-colors

The moon



About
Hello there loves :)! My name is Axl and i'm 18. I'm just a overly-imaginative teenager, who is in NO WAY normal and proud. I have a passion for writing and drawing and i love listening to music.. more..

Writing