Dead Dove

Dead Dove

A Poem by Lunar Pup

Have you ever felt as if life itself has stopped?

That every single tear you've shed has no become meaningless?

Every single slash on your body was for joy and nothing else?

Have you ever seen pain through another persons eyes?

Can't you hear their cold sighs?

 

Who are we in this bleak place?

Where everything seems so small

And no one can feel...

These hallow halls

Where every single worry falls....

 

The moonlight on the sun

The world turned upside down...

What is life  anymore?

Where no one can hear your silent cries

And everyone lies...

 

What is this to you my love?

Because I can't see through the looking glass anymore

My heart has been blinded by the pain you've caused me...

Show me the love I've always craved

The one way that I can be saved...

 

My world stops because of what you have done to me...

My life seems so meaningless...

Every single scar now reminds me of how much hate I have...

You can't hear my cries

You're blinded by all their lies...

 

Who am I to you my love...

Because in this bleak world...

I'm nothing but a dead dove.

© 2009 Lunar Pup


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

so sad, but beautifully penned. exquisite work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


that is sad.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yes, I agree with the last reviewer. Your use of rhetorical questions makes the reader scramble for answers as if they were the one you were directing your queries at. That's very effective as a means of getting your point across, at least when its applied as well as it is here. Just one thing, "now" in the second line. Beyond that, its excellent.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the many rhetorical questions and the intriguing wonders this poem showed of, it's powerful yet painful and a great piece. It had that sort of eerie feeling [at least to me] and i couldn't stop reading this. Just a great piece, keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is so powerful.. thought provoking... driving us deep within such overwhelming feeling. I was in a lost fog for years and related to well to the pain. Amazing write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked the concept of the dove in this poem. This was a profoundly geniune and honest piece. I also suggest you read more poetry, it'll tighten up and help you with your images!

Keep up the good work...

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's a great poem. I felt pain for the voice within it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i love this, it was well writen.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i think that the imagery here is so strong that even someone who hasn't ever experienced that level of devistation would still wince...the coolest part for me was after reading the last line, i full-circled right back up to the first line with a completely different image in my head. the idea of time/life stopping combined with the dove made me picture that innocent gesture of peace released and immediately gunned down, then everyone freezes and realizes too late...i like that you focused on the hope lost instead of the anger gained...

Posted 14 Years Ago


A wonderful poem. Lots of times people ask or wonder about these questions, sometimes frusterated cuz they can't find the answers.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

487 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2009

Author

Lunar Pup
Lunar Pup

Boone, IA



About
I really only write poetry... but it helps me let out stress so i do it in my free time... i write about basically anything but it all has meaning to me... and i cant rhyme.... well actually im gettin.. more..

Writing
Long ago Long ago

A Poem by Lunar Pup



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..