Bitter Sweet Memories

Bitter Sweet Memories

A Poem by wordman



  • View
  •  
  • Edit

 



bitter sweet memories,

lay gentle on her mind,

another place,

another time.

 

The love

of my life,

that i have,

left behind.

 

she feels betrayed,

battered and beaten,

all through her mind,

she feels like a woman left behind.

 

Once her heart,

a beautiful rose,

now her heart tattered and torn,

as it starts to close.

 

Her mind wanders,

her soul at bay,

maybe love will bloom again,

i hope and pray.

 

A woman,

that has lost her bloom,

her heart melts,

as it goes back in her cocoon.

 

But one day,

her heart will start to bloom,

and i will be there,

to melt that cocoon...


© 2017 wordman

© 2018 wordman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I made a true effort to choose my favorite stanza of this poem, but they all rivaled my attention so completely that I would have copied and pasted the entire poem here!

On a heart/soul level - this poem spoke directly to me. How I have been there, closing up. You absolutely nailed it - so much in so few words. The gravity of your word choice and phrasing really makes the poem so much more that lines upon paper. It extends to every moment of life, to every woman (and dare I say, every man). For, all have suffered such pains of love lost, or love given up, choices made, lives lived in spite of it all. I could go on and on about the depth I feel for your sentiment and these words, but I digress.

It is the visual simplicity of this work that first grabbed me. Each time I open your work, I do so simply understanding that my emotions are about to be employed, that I will feel every line, that i will swoon, I will chill, I will cheer, I will cry - but the simplicity of this visual presentation gave me a "stark" impression straight away. The center alignment - much like walking a straight line. This piece of art is a statement of what simply "is." This is going to to be a lesson in life reality, whether it be for joy or for saddness.

The sparse use of capital letters reinforced the impression that this is secretive. This is information hidden in plain sight, and will only be seen in soul-terms, experientially. If you haven't felt it, you simply will not "get it."

This presents like an invitation one gives pause before reading. It is going to reveal something monumental and first the reader emotionally prepares, knowing the RSVP will require action, accounting, planning, accepting or declining of a truth.

This one is going straight to my favorites - perhaps my all time favorites. This, to me, is the whole package, my friend. You have appealed to my visual side and my soul. Kudos, kudos, kudos.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

thank you for the beautiful review,,this poem is very real for a lot of people,like you said,you hav.. read more
This speaks so softly of being the light to someone and the healing that brings forth. Spoken with compassion and warmth, lovely :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

thank you poppy
You always have the perfect words that bring hope to a broken soul. And so I can only wish soon this cocoon will be melted away. Beautiful work my friend.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

thank you for the visit angie,good to see you
Angie G

6 Years Ago

Likewise my dear friend.
nicely put up wordman . loved the theme of the poem

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

thank you for the visit
I believe it takes a lot for a woman to bounce back once she's gone through such an experience.

Nicely done Wordman.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

thank you for the visit
Beautiful poem. A deeply moving tale, and I love that hopeful ending.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

thank you clifford
yes women who are abandoned or even thrown away for another or just for any reason.. can get super sad and lose their rose like qualities sad sad poem you express it well!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

thank you marilyn,appreciate your visit
interesting juxtaposition of "he" .. at first the cause and then the possible salve ... for the aches of a woman's heart break .. this reads like guilt to me ...:} but i agree with DIVYA as well... noble intent .. such a unique perspective taken in "Bitter Sweet Memories"
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

you are right,and i thank you
Hope, optimism and a noble intent in love, all so beautifully expressed!

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

thank you divia,appreciate your visit
This has a lot of rhyming and rhythm in it that it sounds pretty good. I've never written poems in the type of style you used.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 wordman

6 Years Ago

thi is the only style i know,,thank you for the visit

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2688 Views
57 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 9, 2017
Last Updated on April 14, 2018

Author

 wordman
wordman

hixson, TN



About
just ask, golden glove boxer years ago,us army veteran ,a contractor is how i make my living, i am an amateur writer.. been here since june of 2013,couldn`t write then,still can`t.but who cares i .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moon Beams Moon Beams

A Poem by wordman