Saturday Scares

Saturday Scares

A Story by Caleb White
"

Mike and Collin go to the abandoned house at the end of their street. What they don't know is that it's haunted. They play truth or dare, one dare is a bit too extreme.

"
"What should we do?" Mike asks, swinging his legs over the pool that he and his family have owned for about four years - it's a shock that it continues to hold up.
"I don't know," Collin replies. Mike looks at him, Collin looks like he's thinking. "Oh! I guess I do know! Let's go to that old house at the end of the street. The one you keep telling me not to go to? Remember that?" 
"Oh, my gosh. How many times do I have to tell you? It's haunted!" Mike replies, on the verge of yelling.
Collin looks at him. "Come on! You know that ghosts don't exist!" Mike continues to try to keep his fear of the dark secret from Collin ... he's kind of a blabber-mouth.
"Okay, fine. If it'll get you to shut up, then I guess I'll go with you to that house." Mike also sometimes tries to act brave. Sometimes it gets out of hand, though.
"Yes! Finally, you actually agree with me on something," Collin replies. He gets up and runs toward the street. "Are you coming or what?" 
They run over to the abandoned house at the end of Mike's street. They get to the door frame, stop and observe the spooky look on the inside and out. "Uh, this seems a bit too scary ... for you," Mike says. Collin looks at him then rolls his eyes.
They walk in and become overwhelmed with the smell. "It smells like an dead person farted after eating five servings of Taco Bell!" Collin says. This time Mike rolls his eyes, laughs, then runs inside.
"Hey, I have an idea!" Mike says.
"What's that?"
"Let's play Truth or Dare." Mike begins to think.
"Okay. Truth or dare?" Collin asks.
"Dare."
"I dare you to ... go upstairs for ten seconds!" Collin dares.
"Fine." Mike runs upstairs and begins counting.
"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. All done," Mike says, running back down the stairs. "Okay, now you. Truth or dare?"
"Truth."
"Who was your first crush?" Mike asks.
"I'll take a chicken," Collin says.
"Wow," Mike says, laughing. "My turn."
"Truth or dare?" Collin asks.
"Dare."
"I dare you to go into the bathroom, make sure no light comes in, then say, 'Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, come out to scare me'."
"I can do that," Mike says. He turns and heads to the bathroom, walking in a hesitating quality. He goes in and locks the door. 
Collin goes up to the door that Mike locked. He hears him say what Collin dared him to say. Then silence.
The silence becomes to long. "Mike, you okay?" he asks. A scream pierces his ear. Then the door unlocks. Collin opens it slowly and finally opens it all the way. He doesn't see Mike, just words on the mirror that read, 'No one plays Truth or Dare in my house' in blood. Collin backs away and runs off.

© 2015 Caleb White


Author's Note

Caleb White
What did you think of the dialogue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it. I like when dialogue makes you feel as if your in the same room. Where it takes you from a story being read to being in the story. You did a good job.

Posted 4 Years Ago


The dialogues were good, but far better was the story. Good horror story!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2015
Last Updated on May 16, 2015

Author

Caleb White
Caleb White

Jackson, MI



About
I love writing. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Caleb White