Growing Older

Growing Older

A Story by Brittany weddle
"

This isn't really a story. It's more like a though that I had to jot down and just had to share.

"

When you're young, you can't wait to grow up.

At night you dream about it and while you're in school, you day dream about it.

 You dream about what you want to be when you grow up and the house you want to live in.

Young girls play dress up and drag boys into playing house. They imagine a life full of beautiful clothes

and a life where they don't have to listen to anyone, but themselves.

What adults don't tell you...is the truth.

They make being an adult look fun. Easy in fact. None of them tell you what it's really like.

They don't tell you how stressful "real life" can be.

Grown ups don't tell you what all you have to do get a job or buy a house. They don't tell you how stressful

relationships can be when it comes to the opposite sex. And child raising? Forget about it.

When your grown up, you wish the generation before you had somehow prepared you for real life as an adult, but then

again maybe that's not such a good idea.

Sure being an adult sucks sometimes, but everyone once in a while, something happens that makes being a grown up all worth the while.

© 2013 Brittany weddle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That way it is not a "cold turkey" experience ( the old hippie in me speaking).


Posted 10 Years Ago


I believe children need to allowed to live in the magical moment at least till they reach twelve. Then I would like them to begin to get their feet wet in the waters of adulthood. I enjoyed your piece and see a wisdom beyond your years.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I see you are not so old either,since I'm young I would like to read more stories like this.You have a chance right now..be the generation who prepeared us for real life!

Nice:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Brittany weddle

10 Years Ago

Awww thank you so much:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
3 Reviews
Added on September 27, 2013
Last Updated on September 27, 2013

Author

Brittany weddle
Brittany weddle

Riverview, MI



About
Hi I'm Brittany or Brit as my friends call me. I'm 23 years old And have been deaming of becoming an author for the past 3 years or so. My favorite author is Nora Roberts and if I ever got the chance.. more..

Writing