realization

realization

A Story by the adventurer
"

do you ever wonder who would care if you died?

"

so today I got in a car crash that was nearly fatal...


I was with two of my closest friends, and we were all supposed to work tonight.

I immediately called the managers and let them know, and started asking around to see if anyone could cover our shifts.


right away, my two friends started getting texts from everyone at work, asking what happened and if they were okay..


but me? nothing.


not even a single text. no one cared that I was the one driving, I was the one who was almost killed. they cared about the other two who barely had a scratch on them.


& then I realized. no one cares about me. I almost died and no one even had the courtesy to ask about me.


my friends kept assuring me that people probably just thought I was unconscious or getting tested, but wouldn't you still have texted and asked how I was doing?


it would be nice to know that someone actually cared about me... but they don't.



what's the point of this s**t we call life?

© 2015 the adventurer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on October 6, 2015
Last Updated on October 6, 2015
Tags: realization, near death, true friends

Author

the adventurer
the adventurer

CO



About
life is weird, but mine is absolutely insane. more..

Writing
gone gone

A Story by the adventurer