Life Expectancy   (308 words)

Life Expectancy (308 words)

A Story by Willard Wells
"

Life?

"

Up and downs come in many forms in life. One of those that seems to be close to most everyone's heart, according to polls. They just wanted to know life expectancy. How we have improved with our new and improved medical care. The things they found seemed to create a bit of concern you see. Our life expectancy while gaining over 100 years, over around 40 years of life was not the best.


The fact that brought concern is we were not first nor second nor third. Yet didn't we have the best medicine to be had in the world? They told us that was so. So consider the fact that the USA is 34th. Now we can find many things to blame this on. I may be wrong, but I have a thought.


First do we need to improve our medical care, of course, we do. Are we that far behind? Second you see, seems to be a small piece of the puzzle left out. They only look at numbers and not the cause. We as a country for years and years, fight the wars and battles around the world. Right or wrong I do not really care, but a conclusion I would like to share.


While improving our medical care, I think a big jump in longevity could be near. If we stop sending young boys to war to be men. Yet they so often come home broken or draped in a flag.


Well, remember “They”, who are close to “Them”.


Well in conclusion and in my view, “They” and “Them”, should be replaced by “We”. Just as the first word of our constitution says. Remember the Constitution, I'm not sure, but I think, “They” and “Them”, have buried it behind the bureaucratic world or our private government world.

© 2016 Willard Wells


Author's Note

Willard Wells
I could not sleep with thoughts so here it is good or not.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A vivid discourse. As a piece of writing I think it would benefit by having shorter sentences. That I think would make it more 'punchy' which I think is the affect you would like? Let's hope 'they' and 'them' get together.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

"They" and "Then" are together, but not the "We". Thanks for the suggestion. My stories are a new en.. read more
Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

I took your advice, though maybe not to the level you were thinking. On a re-read I saw I had done a.. read more
Great Aunt Astri

8 Years Ago

Yes, I was always told not to use too many 'ands'. keep on writing!
It's all about the money, Will. Whether it be war, healthcare, or tea in China, the lust for wealth is at the heart of all of it. In the military, I was subjected to tests or procedures based entirely upon the appropriateness of it, with money playing no part at all, and the care was excellent. Money corrupts everything.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

You are correct and has always been down through history around the world, people die and it become .. read more
An excellent point you make here Willard. From an outsider point of view, it has always amazed me that this is the case. You put a man on the moon, because it was there to be done, and the dream was too big to comprehend, until we saw it for our own eyes and saw what could be achieved. So why, I find myself asking, is the same importance not put on the health of the nation, with the same gusto that it is there to be achieved and to show the world that we can do anything we put our minds to, which is kind of the concept I perceive to be what being an American entails. You wouldn't be that great nation if it weren't for the attitude that you can aim for the stars and succeed, and that it is the "we", you speak of that made that possible. Everyone needs to be able to believe that big again, and for what better cause than your own.
I totally agree with the "we". Wouldn't it be nice to know those names behind the numbers.
Great write.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on my work. And yes, you would think we could and I ex.. read more
So many questions and no answers.
"While improving our medical care, I think a big jump in longevity could be near, But if we stop sending young boys to war to be men and yet they come home broken or draped in a flag.
Well remember “They”, who are close to “Them”.
The more I learn about the government. The more pissed-off I get. The House of rep. gets 1.2 billion for food and housing. 2.3 million each. Long life. We shall see. Thank you Willard for the powerful words. Made me think too hard tonight.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Well hopefully you will get a good nights sleep and recover. Sorry for causing duress. LOL
read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I don't sleep at night. I work the night shift. I always enjoy your words and thoughts.
Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Thank you, oh kind sir.
I like your thinking. Regardless of the reasons, despite the cause, it all needs to stop. Not just the wars, or the terror, but all of it... the single senseless murder, the gang violence, ALL of it !

Ok Im done with my soapbox now, time for some shut eye... and dream of WIFI in the woods...

bill

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

A soapbox, someone after my own heart, but I think I have a taller soapbox. And either I will find y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on January 15, 2016

Author

Willard Wells
Willard Wells

Sacramento, CA



About
Photography and words are my activities to try and keep an over active mind under control. For the most part my pieces have been short since that's how I'm wired. I would like to write something longe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..