Fears of A Little Boy

Fears of A Little Boy

A Story by Willard Wells
"

Young life

"
When I was about 8, living in St. Louis in a 4 family brownstone, I was sent to stay with Mom and Dad Ellis in Salem. One day some boys suggested we go down to the river which of course sounded like a fine idea. As we were walking along the river bank, we started being shot at by some other boys with BB guns. We ran in and next to the river to escape. Once I got back to the house I told mom Ellis what happened. It was at this point when she asked about my new shoes that I was wearing that were extremely wet. Busted. A few days later I was being put on the bus back to St. Louis when mom Ellis handed me an envelope to give my mother once I arrived home. Exiting the bus, my mother was waiting. I started crying and telling her I was sorry, as I again told the story of the wet shoes. I wanted to tell her before she read about it from mom Ellis. So much for honesty. Nothing in the letter about me, just an update on dad Ellis's health. Fears of a little boy.

© 2020 Willard Wells


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a trustworthy and very fine child to not peek at the letter. My daughters were born near St Louis, a little neighborhood called Henley Hills. Then we came back to California, but I actually loved the Midwest. Very friendly people.
I wanted to hug little you.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Willard Wells

10 Months Ago

It's been a bit, not sure how I missed this. Thanks for the kind words and the hug.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
1 Review
Added on June 5, 2020
Last Updated on June 5, 2020

Author

Willard Wells
Willard Wells

Sacramento, CA



About
Photography and words are my activities to try and keep an over active mind under control. For the most part my pieces have been short since that's how I'm wired. I would like to write something longe.. more..

Writing