Chapter 6: Escape?

Chapter 6: Escape?

A Chapter by Doogie

Chapter 6

"Pat I forgot my phone in our tent." Ashley said with a trembling voice. Patrick palms his face in disbelief as we slow down.

"Really? Ugh!" He moans out. "Hey you guys keep going. We'll catch up in a moment. Ashley turn your light off and let's hurry. We have to sneak to it."

We were close so we turned off our lights as well and used the lighting from the moon and stars. Patrick and Ashley run off into the dark. After a few minutes we made it into the old building. It was an old barn or stable. They must have rode horses up here a lot back in the day. It's seen better days and was run down. There is a ladder that went up to a second floor. We relax for a moment and catch our breath. Dad walks over to a window opening. "Looks safe so far kids."

"What's going on?" Shouts Zach terrified

"Hey quiet down!" He snapped back. "They could still be out there." All of our hearts were racing. It was hard to see outside.

"Oh no! That humming is back!" I spoke softly. The humming sound from when mom was taken came back. All of a sudden it was as if a giant spotlight with shining down on us. Dad turned back around and screamed. We couldn't hear it over the humming. They were here! We back away from the windows and huddle together. There were beings outside of all the window openings. Skinny grayish beings with large round heads. They have large terrifying black eyes and tiny slit mouths. They point toward the three of us. Dad stands up as if trying to protect us. The door blows open as the light gets brighter and he covers his eyes. They slowly start coming as he stumbles and falls backwards. We were surrounded.

"Hurry! Rush upstairs! I'll be right behind you" he shouts at us. They start slowly walking the through the door. The blinding light makes them appear as shadows. Dad grabs Zach and I and we rush toward the old ladder as they approach. "Hurry kids" as he helps us up. I make it to the top. I look down and Zach's foot slips and he panics. Dad pushes him up as I help pull him up and over. I look back over and dad is only halfway up. He kicks and swings at the beings as they keep grabbing him. He battles as he slowly makes it up. His hand reaches the top before he releases a terrifying scream. I try to help pull him up but his body is frozen. His terrifying expression imprinted in the back of my mind. A skinny hand with long fingers reaches up and covers his face. I lose my grip as they pull him down. I can see fear in his uncovered eye. Watching me between it's fingers

"DAD! NO!" I shout! "Give me back my parents. Why are you doing this?" They pull him away. Then there is a flash and only darkness.

Zach starts to cry. I throw my backpack off and comfort him. Both our parents gone. We're stuck in the middle of nowhere. Being attacked by some strange creatures. I walk over to look out the window and see if I can spot Ashley and Patrick. I hope they are okay. Clouds start to cover the sky and it makes it feel darker outside. "I hope they are okay" I whisper to myself.

"It's all my fault. If I didn't slip dad could have made up here" Zach cries in the dark.

I turn around towards Zach right when a grayish arm reaches up and grabs his leg.

"No!" I shout. It pops its head through the opening. I panic and pull my ice ax off the side of my bag and swing it into the side of its head. I pull it out and there is no blood. The being let's go and climbs up still. We step away from it as it walks around any drunken looking state. It falls into a seat of position under a window. It's large head tilts over as if trying the rest on his shoulder. Eyes staring at us. It doesn't blink but just stares at us deep into our souls. It makes no movements.





© 2021 Doogie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on December 27, 2021
Last Updated on December 27, 2021


Author

Doogie
Doogie

Denver, CO



Writing
Prequel 1: Endless Prequel 1: Endless

A Chapter by Doogie