Chapter 7: Gods and monsters

Chapter 7: Gods and monsters

A Chapter by Doogie

Chapter 7

"Is it dead? It doesn't look like it's breathing. What in the world is it? I didn't think aliens were real." Zach ponders out loud

I poke it with my ice axe. "Do you hear that?" I ask Zach. It sounded like laughing. The scariest laugh I've ever heard. It continues going from barely noticeable to extremely loud. The weird part is we are hearing it only in our heads. Was it from this creature?

"Jesus christ! Dan make it stop!" Zach commanded. I poke at it again. Then it spoke to us. Not physically but telepathically.

"Hahaha. You humans are such interesting creatures. You worship deities and imaginary people when we did all of the work. Every miracle was us. Every ancient story was us. We've been watching Earth for thousands and thousands of years. We created you! Dinosaurs would still be living here if it wasn't for us. Luckily you guys are more fun to watch. Have you heard of the missing link? That was us. We experimented and created homosapiens. Humans are a greedy civilization. All they care about is personal wealth, sex, war, violence, and greed. You destroy your own planet and kill each other for your beliefs. When both sides actually and unknowingly are worshiping the same thing. Which is us. All of the gods you people have spoke of through time is just us. You might see me as a monster. In reality we are your gods. I am your God! Also don't think that this is our first encounter. We have visited your family many times before. We actually helped create you guys. We like people who are free thinkers and not mindless slaves. They give us more work to do. We also like to have fun occasionally. You can't get away from us. We like to play and take one by one sometimes. We are curious how you humans will react. When we are done you won't remember any of this. Sadly you screwed up very bad. Hurting me is the worst mistake you could ever make. You will suffer pain and agony. You will never see your mother again. If you do she will not be the same person. She will never remember your family. Your sister will be programmed to be a slave to your system. Your family will be torn apart! Worship me human! Bow to me! I am your God!" It tells us in our minds. Then it just goes back to laughing. As I stare into its large eyes. I now truly understand terror.

A bright light shines into the upper level through the window. I take a few steps back while trying to protect my eyes, but I step too far back and fall into the opening in the floor. As I start to fall through it I look over and notice that Zach is hovering above the ground. I wasn't able to protect him. I failed him. I failed my whole family. Then everything fades to black.


© 2021 Doogie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on December 29, 2021
Last Updated on December 29, 2021


Author

Doogie
Doogie

Denver, CO



Writing
Prequel 1: Endless Prequel 1: Endless

A Chapter by Doogie