Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by capn - roxass
"

A wrong turn leaves Roxanna with only one choice left...

"
Dark clouds swirled overhead, below, behind. Everywhere. Lightning crackled silently all around, and the endless void was dyed different shades of purple, stretching on for what seemed like forever. A bright flash sparked before me, jerking my head upright. My eyes grew wide at the sight around me, and my feet swayed slowly, searching for any type of surface. But there was nothing below me what so ever. Am I falling?! My heart raced. I kicked wildly underneath me, and I could feel my body shoot upwards. I wasn't falling... I was... floating. What the hell is this place??
"Roxanna,"

I jumped at the sound of the deep voice filling the area, and looked around wildly.

Who's there?! Where am I?!

I tried to shout out my questions, but my voice ceased to make a single sound.

...Wait a second. I've been here before. Jesus leave me alone!

I waited irritably in the air for the words I've heard countless times before.

"Do not break the spell... the safety of you and us all are in your hands..."

Leave me alone, d****t! Leave me alone! Leave me alone!
"Leave me alone!!"

I shot upright, swinging my arms in front of me. I opened my eyes... and I was in the hotel room.

That god damn dream again!

I groaned and scanned the room, looking for any type of clock. The sheets were tossed aside and twisted in many directions, making it seem more like I was wrestling a bear... not sleeping. The white pillow sat on the other side of the room, leaning upright against the wall. I cringed a little at the sight. I had never done that bad before... Then, unable to find an actual clock, I rolled out of bed, and - after tripping over the sheets a few times - tip toed to the door, and quietly stepped out. The room was absolutely silent. Was it really early.. or super late? The other bedroom door was closed, and there were no signs of anyone sleeping on the couches. I stepped over to the other door, pressed my ear against it, and listened closely. On the other side, there was nothing but faint snoring. 

Really, Mom. Shut your fat mouth up.

I slowly shook my head, and walked over to the bags, which were thrown into the bottom of the wide open closet. Yeah, I sure am the lazy one alright. I grabbed my suitcase and shoulder bag, and quickly creeped back into my room. Shutting the door behind me, I set my stuff down against the olive green wall, beside the door to the personal bathroom. I dug through my bag for my phone, and flipped it open. 12:52 PM. ...And they still havn't left. F**k.

I sighed, and gathered my things for the shower from my suitcase, and walked into the bathroom.

--

I blow dried through my hair quickly, brushing through my black hair. I had a friend do my hair back home a while ago. She was an emo herself, and gladly cut my hair for me. She's more of an... open emo... unlike me. I've always tried to keep it hidden, but lately...

I turned off the blow dryer and set it on the sink, and held up my wrists to my face. They were completely free of cuts. I frowned, and crossed my arms across my chest, hiding them. I was never brave enough to put the blade to my skin.

I fixed my hair a bit, and ran my fingers down their straight ends, until they reached my necklace. The silver chain hung high, almost like a choker. Six small orb-like balls hung from the chain, around a slightly larger ball in the middle. Each orb was a different color. Yellow, Blue, Green, Red, Silver, and Black; the larger one was white. They each had a lighter shade in the middle, making a slight glow surround them - or so it seemed.

I never took the necklace off. I'm not sure why, but I always felt as if i had to wear it. It's been around my neck for as long as I can remember. It was special to me. Even if it was... kinda... err... ugly.

I softly ran my fingers across each ball, until they slipped off the white one and over my birthmark below my collarbone. With one last look in the mirror, fixing my black tank top and grey plaid skirt, I slipped on a black wristband and stepped back into the bedroom. I checked my phone again; it was 1:56 PM. I heard faint noises outside of the door. 

Oh, so they finally got their lazy asses out of bed. 

I threw my grey bag over my shoulder and dropped my phone in it, and stepped out the door. I turned to face my parents... and looked up to see a brunette woman by the couch. She was middle aged, with short dark brown hair just above her shoulders, and in a blue and white cleaning uniform. She nodded to me, and stepped around the coffee table to dust the T.V. I merely blinked at her, and looked at the other bedroom; door still shut, and not a parent in sight.

No way in hell I'm staying here doing nothing.

I laced up my converse, grabbed a key to the room off the table, and walked out the door.

--

I climbed up the stairs from the subway, feeling the summer heat fall on me once again. I smiled, enjoying the nice weather. I walked down the street, and glanced at the sky. Ah, the sky is so beautif- wait what the f**k? 

I stared in confusion at the small, distant clouds hovering over the city. They were dark, almost black, but not a single drop of rain fell from them. Wow. Weather is retarded.

Then my vision suddenly fogged up, and everything faded, as if behind a light, white mist. Here?! Now?! My vision returned to normal, and I scanned my surroundings wildly. Well... nothing looked dangerous. Small groups of people passed me without even a glance; all was anything but threatening. It looked the same as before. I rolled my eyes and huffed. Just my head playing tricks with me. There's no danger here. I shook my head, and walked on.

I stopped in a couple stores now and then, but nothing really interested me. And most of the stores I was the least bit interested in.... I couldn't even afford to walk into the damn place.

Sighing, I looked at the small fountains on the patio near the Apple store, watching as people bustled into the elevator to reach the underground shop. It wasn't too crowded here today, it was better than I expected.

BAM!

I stumbled backwards after colliding into another person, landing on my butt, as the contents of my bag scattered. "Ah f**k!" I blurted out, hurrying to grab all of my things before it was snatched up, or even stepped on. I reached for my wallet, and another hand quickly landed on mine, reaching for it also. I looked up with gasp, seeing the boy I had crashed into. 

...Oh... my... f*****g... god.

He was so... WAIT WHAT AM I THINKING! 

I snatched my wallet away, and clutched my bag against my chest. "DON'T EVEN TRY TO STEAL MY S**T!" I spat, scooting back. 

"N-no! I was only helping, I swear! My apologies." he said with a sweet voice, ending his sentence with a small smile. I eyed him suspiciously, looking for anything besides truth behind his harmless smile. He looked about 14, my age. His chesnut colored hair was long and tousled, like the perfect bed-head. His silver-grey eyes almost glowed, hypnotizing me.

I gasped, and shook all thoughts away in regret. "Uh... yeah. Whatever." I replied awkwardly, looking away. The boy stood up, and reached out his hand to me. I quickly stood up on my own, my bag still clutched against my chest, rejecting his offer. He only blinked, and moved his hand away. I stood there uneasily, unsure what to do next. 

"So uh... what's your name?" he asked with an awkward smile. I blushed immediately, and looked at my converse.

"Err... I'm Ro-" I was interrupted by my phone's ringtone. My eyes widened, and I held the bag in one hand, digging through for my phone. I yanked it out... and I wanted to scream bloody murder. "OH S**T!!!!" I looked at the boy apologetically, threw my bag over my shoulder, and with one last glance, I raced off.

"Hey... wait! There's something...!" 

I couldn't hear the rest of his sentence. He was already too far behind.

--

My back slammed against the wall with a loud thud, as my mother's unforgiving hands gripped my shoulders, pinning me.

"WHO THE F**K TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD GO OUT ON YOUR OWN?!?!"

I didn't reply. I just stared at her blankly, wondering if she would actually kill me this time.

Her expression only grew more aggressive. "WE WERE LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU! WE HAD PLACES TO BE, YOUR FATHER LEFT WHILE I DECIDED TO STAY HERE, FOR YOU!" Her arms threw me down to the side, and my head hit the corner with a loud thud. I clutched the back of my head, which was basically screaming from pain, holding back tears.

"UNGRATEFUL CHILD! AND WHAT'S WITH THE SHORT SKIRT AND TANK TOP?! I DIDN'T RAISE A S**T. HAVE SOME HOT SEX WITH SOME MAN W***E YOU MET UP WITH?"

"He was NICE!!" I blurted out.

Oh. S**t.

I braced myself for the worst, as she lifted me up to her level, holding me up by my necklace. I gasped as it choked me, and her green eyes flared as her face was inches from my own.

"Listen, you little conceited b***h," she growled harshly. "I don't want you to EVER talk back to me like that again, you hear me?! Do what you're told, be a respectful child for once in your pathetic lifetime!"

My necklace was nearly suffocating me by now. Oh god. Why did it have to happen like this?

And then, as if answering my silent plea for help, the necklace snapped, and I crashed onto the floor. 

...This is my chance!! 

I scrambled over the floor, knocking my mother over, and snatched the necklace from her hands. I jumped up on my feet, and dashed for the door.

"Don't try and run now, you f*****g brat!!"

I swung the door open, nearly swinging it off it's hinges, and slammed it behind me, running down the hallway at full speed. I ran down the stairs, skipping at least three at a time, until I reached the front lobby. I looked around, and ran to the door. Then I froze.

My father was walking through the revolving doors.

I whipped around, running in the opposite direction instead. I heard my dad's sudden surprise, and cursing shouts. But I didn't dare stop. I kept running down a hall, hearing his footsteps accelerate behind me. I had to find a way out. A back door of some sort! Like... oh of course!

I dashed through the doors to the dining hall, and ran straight through, pushing over chairs, hopping over tables, ignoring shouts, causing one hell of a scene, and ran into the kitchen.

Oh please oh please let me be right!!

I shoved the chefs and waitors aside, dodging arms reaching out for me. Then I spotted the back door. Thank god!! I burst through at last, into a dark alley, filled with trash cans and dumpsters. I ignored the horrid stench and ran through, hearing my lone footsteps echo through the empty alley.


© 2010 capn - roxass


Author's Note

capn - roxass
OMG! A longer chapter! :D I'm hoping I didn't fail horribly xD I like how my ideas are flowing more smoothly than usual :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OHMYGAWD. THIS IS SO FRICKIN' GOOD IT'S ADDICTING

Posted 10 Years Ago


this story is really good! I can't wait to keep reading haha

Posted 13 Years Ago


'Wow. Weather is retarded.' makes me giggle :D really cool chapter...u sure ur really 13?cuz' that book 's like WoW.


Posted 13 Years Ago


...Hehe...Wrestling a bear sounds funny...XD I lurv the hating on her mom. XD And THE NECKLACE SOUNDS AWESOME I WANT IT. -.- lolz XD YOU DID NOT FAIL HORRIBLE STOP THINKING YOU DID. -.- XD ...So...much...detail...Amazing! Words cannot describe how much I love this right now. lolz XD And YOU NEED TO UPDATE LEIK NOW. :D And Maddie and Cheezit pretty much summed up wut else I wanted to say but couldn't...So...Yeah XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


NHURGADIDAYDSQHLHXS.

AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME. The dream was really random but :p randomness is FANTASTICAL. As said before, i hate her damn Mother and I hate how she treats her daughter.... o.0 But this book is pretty damn AWESOME but F**K YOU for ending it there. meh wants to read MOOOOORE! >:( xD

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
...............OH MY F*****G GOD!!!!!!! YOU ARE LIKE SO F*****G AMAZING AT WRITING!!!!!!!! OMG THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR HOW MUCH I F*****G LOVE THIS!! It was so full of action at the end...and the guy...and...the every-f*****g-thing. Every single part of this is so freaking amazing. I LOVE it so much!!!!!! And I love the fact that you've been uploading like a chapter a day!!

The dream in the beginning is great..wrestling a bear - ha! The detail = LOVE!!! And I love how every part of this somehow has humor, hehe. And you have an AMAZING voice for writing!! I LOVE this. I can't write about people WORTH SHIZ, so it makes me have TONS of respect for people who can. And the necklace does NOT sound ugly - it sounds BEAUTIFUL. Okay, OKAY. I shall quit ranting on this now... Mebbe...

OKAY OKAY I WILL. L-O-V-E THIS!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

369 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2010
Last Updated on December 15, 2010
Tags: faerie, mythical, elements, nature


Author

capn - roxass
capn - roxass

Monteriggioni, Italy



About
Ayee. I'm Roxie. I'm Homestuck. You're Homestuck. We're all Homestuck. I like to sit on my a*s and play video games. Not much else really. I'm not active on here. I write if I'm in the mood .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by capn - roxass


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by capn - roxass



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Squire Squire

A Book by halflives