Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by capn - roxass
"

The city of New York is silent. ...Too silent. Roxanna's actions eventually lead her to a fateful reunion in the midst of great danger...

"
(This chapter was erased while I was writing it the first time, so I apologize if the beginning seems sped up... I hate writing the same thing twice...)
My feet pounded against the concrete, still running aimlessly from the hotel. My head was still spinning, and my heart ached. I stopped and leaned against a brick wall, panting heavily. It felt like I had run for hours! I smiled half-heartedly to myself, knowing it was still worth it. They would never find me here... if they looked at all.
...Wherever the hell I was.
I straightened up to check where I was... and I was stunned. The street was almost empty. A few people passed by here and there, but they rushed past, like they were in some hurry. In a matter of seconds, I stood alone. 
Oh god. If I was robbed... kidnapped... raped... or even all of the above, no one would be here to see. 
I immediately went for my bag on my shoulder... but my hand swiped through nothing but air. S**t. I left my bag at the hotel!! My phone... wallet... everything was in there! The only thing on me was the necklace in my hand that my b***h of a mother broke!
...I'm screwed.
Well... guess I only have one option...
I sighed loudly, looked down the street, seeing what looked like Central Park, and walked in that direction. Walking at a swift pace, I lifted my head, trying to decipher the time. But it was almost impossible to tell. The dark clouds... there were more. They looked closer... and their depths deeper. My eyes were lured into their eerie darkness; I didn't notice the chill run down my spine. 
Then it happened again. The clouds turned into a blur, and flashed white like a quick spark. My head jerked back down, and I froze, my eyes looking from right to left. It's never happened twice in one day!! Hell, it took a shitload of danger to trigger it even once! I darted straight ahead without thinking, looking back a few times to see if anything happened where I was just standing.
--
I walked slowly around Central Park, looking about uneasily. There were more people here, but still far too little for a city like this. Just small groups of people here and there, and the black men with the sheets. 
They sat on wooden benches, with a pile or two of bed sheets beside them. When women passed by, the men would go up to them, a few words were exchanged, and he would unravel the sheets, revealing numerous designer purses and wallets. ...Was this even legal? I watched from a distance as this very event occurred. Two young women picked out three Coach purses from his stash, handed him a shitload of money, and left. I stared closely at the wad of bills in his hand.
Maybe... Just maybe I will...
The man stuffed the money in his tattered jacket pocket, covered the purses, and sat back down. I dropped low, making sure I was out of sight, thinking through several ways to get what I was after. My breath caught in my throat as he stood up, looked around, shoved the sheets under the bench with his foot, and quickly walked to the small building behind him, where the restrooms were located. I stood and looked around me.
Not a soul in sight.
I swiftly bounded to his bench, and yanked the sheets out from underneath - until his ball of money caught my eye, sitting where the man had sat. Well... this was extremely convenient. I snatched the money in an instant, kicked the sheets back again, and scurried away before anyone could see a thing.
--
I wandered through the park alone, counting the money I had swiped moments earlier. Holy f**k!! Those ladies paid $120 for those purses, which was now in my possession. I smiled, satisfied with my success.
Hey, he wasn't legally selling them anyway, and he was still stupid enough to drop his drug money. I taught the dumbass a lesson. Who cares if I stole something in the process?
I stopped in my tracks, standing alone in the middle of the empty road.
...What the f**k do I do now.
My eyes wandered over the slowly darkening street, which was absolutely stripped of people... 'cept me. Uhm... I should probably find some people first. I still had no phone, and an alone teenage girl with no weapon whatsoever is like a rapist's dream. 
I rushed to the nearest subway entrance, hopping down most of the steep stairs, into the lighted room. Still nobody. I groaned, and trotted to a ticket machine. Maybe it's just this area... there's got to be more people somewhere. Or maybe I've finally lost my mind?
Ignoring that last thought, I grabbed my ticket, swiped it, and pushed through the door. Wait.. what about my stuff? I opened my hand, revealing a necklace, wad of cash, and subway card. ...Ah f**k it. Shrugging, I kneeled down, and stuffed everything into my shoes. It's not like I had a bag or anything, and no one will know.
I wandered into the dark tunnel, hearing faint sounds of life down towards the end. Oh thank god, people! I hustled over, and stopped right where the subway would stop. I was surrounded by people... but it was so silent. I could even feel the anxiety in the air as I waited. Before I knew it, the train came rushing past... and slowly coming to a stop. Nobody got off. All the people around me quickly crowded into the train, with me squished in the middle, onto the last car. 
Everyone spread out, but it was still too little space for my liking. I couldn't even see over the people surrounding me, holding onto the pole in the center of the aisle. The doors shut, and the train lurched forward, making me fall back a few inches from the force. I held onto the pole with a dull expression, only praying at least a few people would leave this damned train.
And then it happened.
My vision grew so blurry, I couldn't see, and the white flash engulfed everything in my sight, only disappearing when I blinked. Damn warnings! Nothing's happened these past two times, f*****g stop already!

A loud rumbling sound roared loudly behind us, like thunder, and the train shook violently, tossing us around like rag dolls.
People screamed. Kids cried. Elders got on their knees and prayed. I only stood there in shock.
"An earthquake??" someone screeched.
"Is the train broken??"
"God help us!!"
A girl by the back door screamed over all the commotion. 
"The tunnel! It's collapsing!!"
The uproar only got louder and intensified greatly.
Wh-What do I do?! I can't do anything! We're gonna be crushed! I'm gonna die a horrible stupid death!!
I shut my eyes and prepared to be smashed into a pulp in a matter of seconds. But they flew back open on their own, and I spotted chesnut colored hair over the scrambled crowd.
NO F*****G WAY... why did he have to be on here?? Him of all people?!
I saw the top of his head swiftly advance to the back of the train. I could see the back door creep open and closed, as his chesnut hair slipped out.
WHAT THE F**K IS HE DOING?!?!
I was already shoving past people to the back.
What the f**k am I doing?!?!
I finally made it to the back, unable to stop myself. I yanked open the door, the wind whipping in my face, stepping onto the small platform. The train shook violently again, and I yelped and stumbled forward, tipping over the edge. Something grasped my arm before I completely tumbled onto the track, and pulled me back to safety.. somewhat. 
"What the hell are you doing out here?!" the brunette yelled over the thunders, gripping my shoulders. I couldn't reply. My brain wouldn't even function to think of one. The boy's irritated expression softened as he looked at me more closely.
"...You."
I only stared back with wide eyes, slightly nodding once. He stared at me for a few more seconds, then let go of me, and faced the tunnel. I turned my head also.
HOLY S**T.
The tunnel was literally collapsing like dominoes, right behind us! 
The brunette faced me again, but paused. "...Listen,"
My head shot back in his direction, obeying.
"Everything you know is about to change, but no matter what, even though you don't even know my name..." his eyes flickered from our fast approaching death back to me. "...you just have to trust me!" 
Without wasting another moment, the boy I had only spoken a few words to threw his arm around my waist, pulling me close.
And then he jumped.


© 2010 capn - roxass


Author's Note

capn - roxass
AHA! I STILL FINISHED THIS ANYWAY! XD

...success

OKAY. THATS ALL YOU HEAR FROM MEEE FERR NOWWW :D
I have no complaints for this chapter cuz Mr. Sexy Pants finally became important xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OMEHGEE THAT WUZ F*****G AWESOME! ....Yeash. XD ...Hehe...I know wut happens next...WRITE.FASTER.WOMAN. XD ...And basically wut cheezit said. ...SO..yeah...XD P.S. It's awkward with u standing over mai shoulder reading.

P.S. Dis iz Rayne And IM ON CHUR ACCOUNT CUZ IM JUST AWESOME LEIK DA.T XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree completely wif cheezit... and grandma.... so.... xD yeah. but F**K YOU for writing a cliff hanger again. D:

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMEHGEE THAT WUZ F*****G AWESOME! ....Yeash. XD ...Hehe...I know wut happens next...WRITE.FASTER.WOMAN. XD ...And basically wut cheezit said. ...SO..yeah...XD P.S. It's awkward with u standing over mai shoulder reading.

P.S. Dis iz Rayne And IM ON CHUR ACCOUNT CUZ IM JUST AWESOME LEIK DA.T XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
F**K. F**K. F**K. F**K. YOOOUUUU. D:< GRRR. Okay, just kidding. BUT SERIOUSLT, WTF!? A CLIFF HANGER?! RREALLY?!!? D: Oh wellz. Just keep up with the chapter-a-day thingy and it'll be all good. xD

I love this chapter; it made me LOL, for some reason. And THAT IS SO COOL! The little danger-warning-whatever thingies where light flashes before her eyes? Awesomeness. And haha.. The "rapis's dream" part as fummeh, as was the drug money part. xDD I jsut LOVE the way you write. :D

And I can't wait for more so make sure you post a chapter tomorrow! [technically TODAY because it's like 3am, so yeahh] BUT ANYWAY, POST ANOTHER CHAPTER. DON'T LEAVE ME, AND BY ME I MEAN US, HANGING. D: xDD

Oh, and haha! MR SEXY PANTS. XDDD cant WAIT to hear his name!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2010
Last Updated on December 16, 2010


Author

capn - roxass
capn - roxass

Monteriggioni, Italy



About
Ayee. I'm Roxie. I'm Homestuck. You're Homestuck. We're all Homestuck. I like to sit on my a*s and play video games. Not much else really. I'm not active on here. I write if I'm in the mood .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by capn - roxass


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by capn - roxass



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..