Chapter 7: Melinda. An Old Friend?

Chapter 7: Melinda. An Old Friend?

A Chapter by Samantha Scythe

Black Star read the note while Soul paced back and forth. “This can’t be happening. Who the f**k did this!? Who would do this to Maka?” Soul placed his arms on the counter and laid his head on his arms. “I need to do something!” He turned around and punched the wall, his fist going straight through the dry wall. Soul may have been a weapon, but his human strength was strong as well.


“Soul!” Black Star grabbed Soul by the shoulders and pinned him against the wall. “You freaking out isn’t going to help Maka! You need to stay calm and just breathe. We need to think of a plan, figure out who wrote this note, and we need to tell Spirit. I know you two don’t get along and he will probably kill you, but he needs to know so he can help out.”


Soul took a few deep breaths and closed his eyes. “I need you to be my meister, please. I know it didn’t work last time, but we’ve been through the training, a lot. We have to try again, for Maka. Please...” Soul opened his eyes and looked at Black Star. Black Star kissed Souls forehead. “Of course I will,” Soul smiled a little bit. “Thank you Black Star... but let’s go, we need to go get help.” Soul shoved the note in his coat pocket, leaving the apartment.


Black Star and Soul ran towards the DWMA, aiming to find Lord Death and Spirit, who is known as Death Scythe around the DWMA, who are usually there. Black Star opened the entrance doors to the building and Soul ran right past him. They were both getting tired of all this running while being so panicked, but neither of them slowed down. When they arrived to Lord Death’s room, they swung open the doors without hesitation. “Lord Death!” Soul shouted from down the hallway, which immediately got the Shinigami’s attention.


            Lord Death looked at Soul and Black Star who were now standing in front of him with their hands on their knees, panting hard.  “What on Earth are you two doing here? It’s summer! Out of anyone, I was expecting to not see you at all.” Lord Death spoke in his always playful voice, still with confusion. Soul looked up and Lord Death and Death Scythe. “It’s about Maka...” Soul reached in his pocket and took out the note. He held it up for them to take. “Someone took her...” He put his head down not wanting to see their reactions.


            Spirit grabbed Soul by the collar of his shirt and pinned him up, which seemed to be happening a lot to the younger scythe today, against the mirror. “What do you mean someone took her!?” He loosened his push and then slammed him back into the mirror. “Now, Spirit, put him down. It was clearly not his fault.” Death showed Spirit the note, “This writing...” Lord Death nodded. Spirit pondered it in confusion. “But that’s not possible! What would she be doing here!” Spirit looked at Lord Death. “She can’t even get into the city!” Neither of them realized they were saying ‘she’ instead of the woman’s name.  


            Spirit looked at Soul, “What were you doing when you left her, and why did you leave?” It was obvious to everyone that Spirit blamed Soul for this, Soul knew he needed to choose his words carefully.


            Soul sighed, “we were both sitting at the apartment, she was reading and I was bored as fu-” Soul remembered he was talking to her dad so he stopped himself, then continued. “Anyway, I was complaining that she needed to do something other than read. She told me I should go see Black Star, that she would be fine, so I went over to Black Stars. About half an hour later I got a phone call, it said it was Maka, but when I answered the phone, it sounded like a man breathing, Maka was screaming in the background. I was already at Black Stars by then so we ran back to the apartment and no one was there, just this note.” Spirit looked at Soul, his eyes were already full of disappointment more than anything. Spirit swung a punch at Soul which he didn’t dodge. It was stopped, 5 centimeters away from Souls face.


            “You can’t just punch him Spirit. It wasn’t Souls fault. He knew no better than Maka or anyone else what was going to happen.” Black Star had finally spoken up. Spirit sighed and shook his head.


            “Well Soul is telling the truth about what happened,” Spirit, Soul and Black Star looked towards Lord Death who was standing at the large mirror in the room. He was watching a recording of Soul and Maka this morning. Souls face turned white.


            “You have cameras in my apartment...!?” Lord Death nodded and looked back at Soul. “For security reasons. Like now for instance!” Soul’s face turned red now, knowing he had walked around the house nude a few times when he was home alone. He also remembered that he had touched himself before when he was home alone. S**t. 


            “So who is this ‘she’ you were talking about?” Black Star asked them. “Do you remember when you and Maka were much younger, before you came to Shibusen, you two had a babysitter? Her name was Melinda?” Black Star nodded at Spirit.


            “This is her writing. She had been banned from Death City, for she was on sides with the witches. She had gotten away before we could kill her, but Lord Death and I had injured her, sending her outside of the city, and Lord Death made the barrier around the city even stronger. She always said that she would get revenge on us, somehow. I can’t say how she knows Soul though...” Spirit looked at the younger scythe. “Do you recognize the name?” Soul shook his head.


            “What are we going to do first?” That still hadn’t been made clear to anyone, so Black Star hoped to get everyone talking and panning. Spirit looked at the note.


            “Well I would want to say we don’t need to look inside the city,” he looked up and looked around the room, “but we still don’t know how she got in, or even if this is her. The only clue we have t anything is this note.”


            “That’s not true,” Lord Death spoke, and pointed towards the mirror. The video was paused on a part where there was a woman in dark clothing, similar to Medusa’s jumpsuit, including the hood. Her face was showing, and it was defiantly not Medusa. The woman had bright blue eyes and charcoal colored skin. She appeared to have Hindu on both her hands and both her feet, all the same patterns. Her lips were full, and bright ruby red. She was built tiny and thin, but she was taller than Medusa.


            Lord death hit play on the video and all of them watched as they woman attacked Maka. It was definitely Melinda. She Maka up and sent a spell over her body making Maka paralyzed, just like when she was attacked my Arachnae’s spider webs. Soul and Spirit both fell on the ground, their faces turning white. Melinda wrote the note and looked up to where the camera was. She smiled and blew a little kiss towards the camera. Dragging Maka’s body out of the apartment was the last of what they could see. 



© 2013 Samantha Scythe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I loved it finally there's going to be a show down.. Melinda was just the antagonist I was hoping for.. there's history...there's motive.. and now there is going to be action! :D
I love how you're getting adventurous with your writing and taking the story in a direction now :D can't wait for the next chapter < 3 read over this chapter once or twice you'll see some grammatical edits required, besides that it's perfect :D Also just a readers suggestion xD i'd love to see kid and his pistols involved in the search for Maka too :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samantha Scythe

11 Years Ago

definitely*
KeeD

11 Years Ago

xD you're such a boss!! it's going to be epic.. can't wait.
Samantha Scythe

11 Years Ago

haha thanks x3



Reviews

I loved it finally there's going to be a show down.. Melinda was just the antagonist I was hoping for.. there's history...there's motive.. and now there is going to be action! :D
I love how you're getting adventurous with your writing and taking the story in a direction now :D can't wait for the next chapter < 3 read over this chapter once or twice you'll see some grammatical edits required, besides that it's perfect :D Also just a readers suggestion xD i'd love to see kid and his pistols involved in the search for Maka too :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samantha Scythe

11 Years Ago

definitely*
KeeD

11 Years Ago

xD you're such a boss!! it's going to be epic.. can't wait.
Samantha Scythe

11 Years Ago

haha thanks x3
A good read, and it definitely kept me at attention until the end. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samantha Scythe

11 Years Ago

Thank you :) I'm glad you liked it (:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1264 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013
Tags: Soul Eater, Witch, Witches, Fan Fiction, Medusa, Lord Death, Death, DWMA, Death Scythe, Black Star, Black, Star, Soul Eater Evans Soul, Eater, Evans, Soul Evans, Dead, Kidnap Thriller, Adventure


Author

Samantha Scythe
Samantha Scythe

Canada



About
I'm new to writing but have a lot of ideas more..

Writing