From Novice to Expert, These Are The Two Best Reptiles For Sale

From Novice to Expert, These Are The Two Best Reptiles For Sale

A Story by XYZ Reptiles
"

Reptiles have a lot to offer their owners and when I think about the different types of reptiles for sale (there are millions!) I can say with confidence that there are two specific types of reptiles

"

So you’ve been browsing reptiles for sale for a while and you’ve decided to make your move. I must admit that I wish more people saw reptiles as more than scaly mini-dinosaurs. Reptiles have a lot to offer their owners and when I think about the different types of reptiles for sale (there are millions!) I can say with confidence that there are two specific types of reptiles that you just can’t go wrong with. Tortoises and lizards are common reptile pets for good reason; they’re exciting reptiles, extremely smart and curious, and vary in temperament and breeds. With so much variety packed into these two groups of reptiles, you’ll be sure to find one that suits your experience level and challenges you.


Why You Should Buy A Tortoise For Sale

Aside from being friendly and cute reptiles, tortoises are incredibly smart and make great companions. Many tortoise owners notice that their tortoise will seek them out and stay by their side constantly. They enjoy human interaction and can get along with other tortoises just as well. As far as their intelligence level, a scientist named Anna Wilkinson put a rat and a tortoise in a maze in 2006. She had them navigate the same maze to find food and saw that the tortoise was better at navigating the maze. It didn’t revisit the same areas and when the landmarks of the maze were removed for the second round, it was still able to find the same areas where it found food in the previous round. The rat, unfortunately, was not as strategic. If you’re willing to make the commitment of keeping a tortoise for several decades and can comfortably house them, then just about any tortoise for sale will be a great choice for you.


Key things about tortoises:

  • They don’t need a body of water, as a turtle would.

  • Their shells are sensitive to touch.

  • They love to burrow and hide.

  • They require more space.

  • They can live for many years.

Most common pet tortoises for sale: The sulcata. Also known as the African spurred tortoise, it’s the world’s third-largest tortoise in the world! Red foots and leopards are also very popular pet tortoises for sale.

Lizards For Sale Come In Many Varieties

It’s true! Bearded dragons, chameleons, Iguanas, and skinks are just a few of the available types of lizards for sale. So, in your search, you will want to narrow your choice down to one type of lizard that you find interesting. Before purchasing, make sure you fully understand the needs of that particular lizard. Their preferences are as diverse as the breeds themselves so you’ll want to get it right. Although most lizards prefer to climb and have adapted to life in trees, you can find some that have adapted to burrowing, while some live their lives both on land and in water (semi-aquatic). Knowing what they need will help you figure out what their enclosure should look like. Lizards are fun to handle and relatively easy-going with their owners. They’re mostly active during the day and need plenty of warmth to stay active, although they’ll likely spend the day basking in the sun and waiting for food.


Key things about lizards:

  • Lizards help control the insect population.

  • There are a few lizards that eat plants.

  • Some female lizards give birth to live young.

  • There is no specific terrain for lizards.

  • The gila monster and the beaded lizard are the only two types of poisonous lizards.

Most common pet lizards for sale: The breaded dragon. The bearded dragon itself can be found in a variety of morphs and morph combinations. Iguanas and geckos are also very popular pet lizards for sale.

Buy Your Favorite Reptiles For Sale Online

There are several benefits to buying reptiles for sale online. If you’ve been looking for exotic lizards for sale but can't find them at a local pet store, you can find distributors online with a simple search. Be sure to do your research and choose from a verified seller, preferably with a good track record of customer satisfaction and solid reviews.

© 2018 XYZ Reptiles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on February 28, 2018
Last Updated on February 28, 2018
Tags: reptiles for sale, tortoise for sale, pet tortoise, buy tortoise, tortoise shop, sulcata tortoise, bearded dragon, buy reptiles, reptiles, pets

Author

XYZ Reptiles
XYZ Reptiles

Miami, FL



About
xyzReptiles is the cumulative effort of over 35 years of herpetology and marketing experience. We have a love for the animals and an eye for detail and have combined these traits to bring our customer.. more..

Writing