Yin Yang

Yin Yang

A Story by GDS

I find that within myself, there are different parts of “I”, parts that fight with one another, parts that compete for the same host, parts that are so very different in nature. I often wonder who am I really? Am I one of these so-called entities on their own, or am I collection, a sum of all these parts that make me, me? Which one is ideal for me? The answer to that question I do not know, how could I ever know with certainty, if like a planet the “I” is constantly changing, constantly in motion" the “I” I was yesterday is so different from the “I” I am today, and this pattern will repeat itself tomorrow. Deep within every human being lies a great war, a war that poses a great struggle for freedom. A war of who you think you should be versus who you really are. I find that so many souls roam without ever honestly expressing themselves, shackled by the opinions of others, religions, self, ego, social conditioning, politics, fear and government, to name a few. I can see it in their eyes, the frustration, pain, shame that is too much to bear. Though they can try to hide it, mask it, kill it, they remain forever troubled, forever frustrated. There is an old Native American tale about the two wolves - A troubled young man once sought to find an answer to his agony, leading him to strike up conversation with the wise, old Chief of the tribe. He said, there’s a great battle inside of me, it’s like there’s two wolves fighting to gain control of me, and I don’t know who is going to win. The wise one spoke, “the one you feed”. There is some truth to that, but I can’t concur entirely. A pious man once told me that in order to reach peace, you need to make sure that the marriage between good and evil is balanced, in harmony. The world is composed of a “oneness” and to accept being one with God, I believe you must accept good and evil. It is within all of us and the more one suppresses such reality, the stronger his agony gets. To truly surrender to the world, one cannot choose what he surrenders to! To practice acceptance means you must accept the way things are, the natural laws of the universe. You see, the moment one tries to manipulate this truth, he misses the point entirely. He forever shoots in the dark, at best, a one-eyed aim" left with a half-truth, never whole. Great spiritual masters attain great levels of awareness only because they first know and accepted this and went on to master this inner marriage of good and evil. If you can’t accept this, you can’t accept God, you can’t accept yourself, you can’t accept others, nature or the world. To truly love yourself, you must love all of your demons just as much as you love all of your angels.

© 2021 GDS


Author's Note

GDS
I am interested in what you think of the piece itself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on April 18, 2021
Last Updated on April 18, 2021
Tags: spiritual, religion, god, faith, truth, self

Author

GDS
GDS

MA



Writing
Duality Duality

A Poem by GDS


Nirvana Nirvana

A Poem by GDS


Anchor Anchor

A Poem by GDS