Clown House

Clown House

A Story by lawrence bear
"

Trick or Treat

"

            October 31, Halloween night, one year ago.

 

And in the mistiness of the doorway of that murky, dark house, a light flickers off and on casting it own sinister outline of the night.

 

            The door opens and a trick or treater flings outward. Running, panting and out of breath, and then trips a short ways from the door. She looks back, terrified. Her make up is smeared from her tears. A shadowy figure looms in the doorway.

 

            Please…” She struggles a whisper and tries to get up, crawling down the walkway.

 

She looks back again and the figure watches her as she squirms. The door light flickers dimly, the figure moves partially into the light, the lower part of the face shows. A face that is dressed that, of a clown.

 

“Boo!” he said with a grin that creped to his face.

 

She gasps in horror as she sees a knife glimmering in the moonlight as the figure now holds in the air. And then leaps forward, slashing and cutting while her desperate cries go unheard, as children’s laughter and calls, "Halloween Apples." Fill the night.


The knife goes up and down, up and down. With every thrust, more and more blood covers the glimmering blade.


Her body lay in a pool of blood, partially in the shadows. She is still alive, her head turns little by little towards the gate and tries to call one more time, and she sees children passing by. Tears blur her vision as she is slowly dragged back into the house.

 

The door closes…


© 2010 lawrence bear


Author's Note

lawrence bear
How was that for Halloween Apples? Hahahaha

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great scene which stands alone as a very sharp story. The tension and drama are executed wonderfully.

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW, this is really fancinating I thought. I liked this. Sure grasp a hold of my attention.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Poetic Voice is Announcing the first Poetic Voice Cash Prize Contest for Poetry. Awards will be given to the writers who submit for consideration the most outstanding poems within the context of Poetry and Word Art.
http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, that was... uhm... creepy. Quiet frankly, it doesn't even have to be continued! That was just good right there. It didn't seem to have any problems that I could spot, but hey that's just me. I really like it though! XD

-A.E. Reed

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very chilling. Very nicely done here. I hope you are doing well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


yes, this works for the halloween act. good start. yes please continue.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well first of all if the door opened and a clown was standing in it I wouldn't stick around. I can't stand them lol, but yeah it works. lol

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

756 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 31, 2010
Last Updated on November 12, 2010
Tags: Horror, suspense, Thriller

Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..