Imagine?

Imagine?

A Poem by Lola
"

My imagination is so important, i'm afraid of who i'd be without it.

"
My life is so boring I tend to imagine scenarios that never happen,
But convince myself that they do.
Like sitting next to someone drinking champagne on an airplane, and asking for a sip, but i know i'm too shy to.
I like to think i'm adventurous; mischievous. I like to believe i'm outspoken, when i'm actually not. My imagination means so much to me, i'm afraid of who i'd be without it. I'm afraid i'd be too common, too old, too plain.
I like to imagine myself to be the smartest person out there, and that my IQ exceeds that of Einstein's, which is why I failed so many subjects. After all, Einstein dropped out of school for not exceeding common standards.
I like to imagine myself as a happy person. I like to believe I am a happy person; when souls made of fire ignite at the back of my mind.
I like to look at people and see what they see. I like to imagine their life, and what they may be struggling with.
I wonder if their imagination means so much to them as it means to me.
Sometimes I believe imagination is something fabricated. Yet we convince ourselves that it is real, as an excuse to escape this world.
My spontaneous Imaginative self might not be real, but the souls are, and they're telling me to jump.
But there are so many unimagined scenarios to picture. So many risks to not take. Too many drinks to not drink. Too many songs to quietly sing. So much life to live, and so much youth to feel.
Why add wood to a fireplace when its burning just fine as it is? My imagination helps me calm the fire, and that is how I seem to control my sanity.
And If they call me crazy,
After all, I'll tell them, that all the best people are.

© 2014 Lola


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes indeed. Imagination is what keeps most of us going. It makes life so much more exciting.
I love this line, "why add wood to a fireplace when it is burning as it is."
We imagine all sorts of things. When you're young, you imagine being older, and when you're older...much older, you imagine being young. It's the craziest thing...that imagination. I suppose it's an escape from reality.
I liked this very much, maybe because I live in a life of imagination.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Added on August 22, 2014
Last Updated on August 22, 2014
Tags: Life, love, imagination, imagine, daydream, fun, drinks

Author

Lola
Lola

About
Into the messed up mind of a 15 year-old with jaded eyes of innocence. You, i write to you of what resides in my mind. more..

Writing
Her Sadness Her Sadness

A Poem by Lola


High High

A Poem by Lola


Time Time

A Poem by Lola