First day of school

First day of school

A Chapter by yourz4ever

“I’m going to shop for dinner with this man.”

“Who is he?”

“He..... He is just a friend of mine. We will be back in an hour. Be a good girl and take care of your sister, Ok?”

“Ok, come back soon!”

“Got it! See you~”

But that night, her mother never came back. Ever.


The first thing Haruka saw when she opened her eyes was the white old bumpy ceiling. There were some cracked parts but other than that it was fine.

I don’t have to spend money on this ceiling for right now... Thank god. 


Haruka thought as she rubbed her left eyes. She groggily walked up to the restroom in her pajamas from her mattress and felt the temperature of the wooden floor and it shocked her a little. She splashed the cold water on her face. Now, Haruka was fully awoken. She stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her wavy brown hair up to her rib was kind of puffy in the morning, her brown eyes stayed alerted like always and her nose was pink from the cold.

I should buy thicker blankets with soft mattress for Hana. She can’t catch a cold. But the price is getting higher each month... Hah~ Haruka sighed. 


She walked up to her little sister who was crunched like a ball beneath the white blankets. Her sister’s cheek was rosy from the cold also. Haruka chuckled and had that guilty feeling again every time she looked at her sister. 

Why does she have to be in this situation with me? She is just a little girl. Why? Why does she need to live in a shabby house and with no loving parents? Hana doesn’t deserve this....

It was the exact same thought whenever she looked at her little sister in the morning.

 Haruka gently woke her little sister up,

“Hana... Hana...Okiru jikan da yo....” Haruka gently shook her.


“Hn... Oniichan... Is it morning already?” Hana rubbed her eyes as she sat up. Hana too, had her straight brown hair puffed up.


“Yeah it is.” Haruka answered, “I am going to open the window for some fresh air in the house. It is going to be cold so be ready!” She slid the window open and morning air rushed into her house blowing the curtains.


“Ah~! It’s cold!” Hana complained as she walked to the bathroom.


“I told you! So get dressed quickly. I will be making breakfast at the kitchen.” Haruka told her as she walked out of the room with her uniform on. Haruka tied her hair in a ponytail to make toast and egg. She hummed as she put the egg on top of the toast on a plate for Hana.


First day high school....It is going to be tougher than last year. Getting the top score will be harder. I have no choice to study harder...


“Oniichan! Do I look ok?” Haruka turned around and saw Hana with her yellow and blue kindergarten uniform. She smiled,


“Kawaii~~~ You look adorable in your yellow uniform!”


Hana looked like a baby chick with her yellow hat and her baby chubs.


“Really?! I am happy!” Hana smiled and Haruka squeezed her,


“Ugh, you are so kawaii! I just want to bite you!”


“Heehee.” Hana smiled again as she started to eat her breakfast.


“Hana, Starting maybe next week, onii chan is going to come home late almost everyday.” Haruka began.


“What time?” Hana asked nibbling on the toast.


“Around eight or nine. Maybe even ten some time.”


“Why?” Hana asked with crumbs on her cheek.


“I might get a part time job.” Haruka replied wiping her sister’s left cheek with a tissue.


“Oh.... So is Hana going to stay home by herself?”

  

  Haruka hesitated for a moment, “I... I am not sure. Can you?”

“I don’t know. I might get scared when I’m in the house all by myself. Maybe a monster is going to pop out of the bathroom. What if I go to like a daycare?” Hana suggested.

But that costs money.... Haruka thought but said,

“Maybe. Now finish your egg including the yolk.” Haruka said as she pushed her chair in.


“The school bus is going to be here soon. Oniichan needs to go to her school. Let’s go!” Said Haruka as she put on her shoes five minutes later.

“Ma te!” Hina yelled as she put on her coat.

“Shall we?” Haruka smiled as she opened the door.



© 2013 yourz4ever


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on May 7, 2013
Last Updated on May 7, 2013
Tags: Romance, teen, pure, firstlove, love innocent, high school, manga, anime


Author

yourz4ever
yourz4ever

About
Hey! Just a little things about myself. I am a Korean tomboy who loves to watch anime and read manga~~~ I also love to write and read. My favorite sports are basketball, swimming, ice-skating, and .. more..

Writing
At school At school

A Chapter by yourz4ever


At the Library At the Library

A Chapter by yourz4ever