At the Library

At the Library

A Chapter by yourz4ever

“Whoa... So you are looking for a part time job?” Ayane asked while they were walking on the Sakura Path.


“Yeah.” Haruka sighed looking up.


“But first and second years aren't allow to have part time job because we need to focus on our studies.” Ayane told her.


“Shitteru yo.”


But people do it anyway so....” Ayane said.


“Yeah but did you hear what happened to the kids who got caught? They were suspended for like a week or so.” Haruka told her.


Wow, you know I really hate the system of school here. I mean like we aren’t doing anything wrong and it is a free country. We can do anything we want as long as we are outside of this school. It is none of their freakin business.” Ayane growled as she kicked an empty can of Fanta.


“Well it’s life. And this school is known for being strict, I am not surprised.” Haruka replied as she stopped at the red light. Ayane turned around and asked,


“Hey, isn’t your house this way?”


“Yeah, but I need to stop at the library for something. Ja ne!” Haruka smiled.


“Em, Ja ne!” Ayane grinned.


   Riing~ The shop door bell sound echoed through the store as she opened the wooden door.  

Part time job for high school students. 

Haruka typed in using the computer in a small unknown library. It was the usual library that she went to. She didn't go to the city library was crowded with student. Haruka just liked this quiet small peaceful library. Cafe, restaurant, bakery, babysitting, and these things appeared. But none of them was her satisfaction and the salary was also low. It wasn't enough to support the rent and all the fees. Her parent had left some money but it wasn't enough. The only choice to earn money was a part time job. Her parents didn't support her- in fact, she hadn't seen them over for a year now. Her mother left the rest of the family with a man that Haruka didn't know and her father also left them a week after. But Haruka didn't let that bother her for a long time. Before she was in high school, she worked in a small music shop. The owner of the shop was nice enough to let her work but he passed away this winter leaving Haruka to find another job.


Is there a job that is suitable for me? Haruka sighed and kept scrolling but nonetheless, no luck.

I will come again later. I should check out a book since I am already here. 

She slowly walked to an aisle looking for her favorite book that she haven’t read in months.

Yamashita Aki.... Yamashita Aki... 

It was Haruka’s favorite author but Yamashita Aki was a pen name.

Beyond the Horizon.... Beyond the Horizon.

 

Haruka chanted in her mind as she was walking down the aisle.


Found it! Beyond the Horizon. 


Haruka carefully picked out a hard cover book that had a scenery of a quiet peaceful ocean at the night. The full moon was sparkling on the sea and the horizon of the ocean far ahead was faintly glowing in bluish color.


This beautiful cover never gets old... 


Haruka thought to herself chuckling. That book was another reason why she came to this particular library. No other library that she knew had this book except for the librarian here. It was not very known and she never met a person in her life that knew this book. In Haruka’s opinion, this book should the number one novel of all times.

    Beyond the Horizon was about a complicated book that could never be understood just by reading it once. This novel gives important life lessons by telling story. Because of this book, Haruka was able to be back on both feet after both of her parents left. Haruka found this novel at the second year of middle school also the first time she came to this library which was located in a small building in a small alley and the entrance was at the side of the building which looked a wooden renaissance door. So people in the town thought it was just an abandon building and that is why not a lot people came. In middle school, Haruka was finding a shelter from the heavy rain and she encountered the library.

    “Beyond the Horizon again? You haven’t check out this book for some time.” The old man who owned the library chuckled.


“Hai, you know I love this book.” Haruka smiled with him.


“Ah, I know. Enjoy the book~” The old man said.


“Ok, arigato gozaimasu.” Haruka politely bowed. She walked out slowly closing the door making the shop door bell sound ring as she walked out.  

“How was your day, Hana?” Haruka asked while they were walking out of her school from the after school program.


“It was good. My teacher, Makayo san I was very kind when I gave half the blocks to Nana chan!” Hana smiled proudly.


“Ah! That was very nice of you, expected from Hana chan! How about your after school program?” Haruka asked stopping at the red light.


“Well, I had to stay in another room than my classroom after school and... Uh, we ate snacks too! Also I did my homework.” Hana answered and asked, “How was your day?”

Haruka hesitated for a second, “Eto... Let’s see. Well, I am in the same class with Ayane and our homeroom teacher is uh... Unique. I went to the library and checked a book.” Haruka answered as she realized they were already in front of their apartment. Haruka unlocked the door and they both went in.

     The siblings both put down their backpacks on the small couch in the living room. The living room only had an old black couch with a wooden table in front of it and a tv was across from it.

“Hana~ Take a shower first! I will be there in a moment!” Haruka said as she entered their room. Two desks,closet, bookshelves, and mirror were the only thing they had in the room. Haruka walked into the bathroom as she heard the water being turned on and Hana was in the shower.


“Did you wet your hair?” Haruka asked as she bent down to Hana.


“Hai.” Hana replied as as she washed her face.


“Turn around.” Haruka ordered as she put some shampoo on her hand and started to wash Hana’s hair for her.



“Close your eye so the soap doesn’t get in your eyes.”

“Em....”


“ I am done!” Hana walked to the kitchen as she wrapped the towel on her head.


“Just in time for dinner. Sit down.” Haruka said.


“Ittekimasu!” Both of them started to it.


“Hm~ Onee san’s miso soup is the best~~” Hana smiled.


“Really? I am happy!” Haruka smiled.


“Today... Today, I made some new friends! Hana chan, Mimi chan....”  She started to name all these girls and finished with a boy surprisingly. Hana never had a close guy friend.


“Ren kun was quiet and he was playing by himself because he just moved here. I invited him over to play with me and we came close!” Hana smiled. 


“Ah~~~ Really? I’m glad you made friends!”


“Onee chan? Did you make any friends?”


Haruka hesitated for a moment and thought about how Ami and Azumi talked to her and some of other girls.

I guess...


“Um, yeah. I made some friends.”


“That’s good.” Hana replied as she walked up to the sink and put away her rice bowls.


“It’s 7:30. Forty more minutes than it is bedtime. Ok?” Haruka told her her sister as she was washing the dishes.


“Got it!” Hana replied as she turned on the TV to watch her favorite show. In the other hand, Haruka was washing the dishes silently thinking about the part time job and how she is going to earn money. Not only that but she needed to keep her grades up too. Hah.... What am I going to do? Haruka sighed as she finished her work and walked to the bathroom to take a shower.




© 2013 yourz4ever


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on May 7, 2013
Last Updated on May 7, 2013
Tags: Romance, teen, pure, firstlove, love innocent, high school, manga, anime, realistic fiction, love


Author

yourz4ever
yourz4ever

About
Hey! Just a little things about myself. I am a Korean tomboy who loves to watch anime and read manga~~~ I also love to write and read. My favorite sports are basketball, swimming, ice-skating, and .. more..

Writing
At school At school

A Chapter by yourz4ever