Woke

Woke

A Chapter by Master Gargoyle

Skylar awoke on a beach, very confused.  She stood up to get a look around.

The sky was cloudy.  It looked like a storm was approaching.  The ocean behind her was rising up, splashing cold water against her bare feet.  She shivered and looked at at all the trash on the sand.  She quickly looked up toward a hill when she heard a roar.

What?  she thought.  That...

She pushed her black hair behind her ears when she felt something in hair.  She pulled it out, and it was a red and white flower.

The flower's petals were long and elegant.  They were white, red on the tips.  As if they were stained by blood.  It seemed to mesmerize her, pulling her into a dream.

She saw a dragon.  A small black dragon that soared across the starless night sky, boldly, but gracefully.  There was a quick flash, and the image faded.

Skylar blinked.  The image happened in one quick moment.  She had no idea who the dragon was, or what it was doing.  But it still bugged her.

She rubbed her face and pushed her hair behind her ears, unable to get the thought of the dragon out of her head.  She sighed, and put the flower back in her hair.

Where?  She thought.

She noticed a boy, only a little younger than herself, who seemed to be walking towards her.  She got in a battle stance, unaware of it, thinking of it only as something natural.

The boy seemed to notice her and came toward her  "Hey."  he said.  "How ya doin?"

Skylar eyed the boy carefully.  He had messy brown hair that went down a little past his shoulders.  He had dark blue eyes, the same color as the ocean at midnight.  He had an old pale blue shirt on and his pants were rolled up to his knees.  She could tell he had been wading, since his legs were all wet.

He stared at Skylar suspiciously.  "Uhm...You all right there?"

Skylar stared into his eyes, not moving a muscle.

The boy tried to escape her gaze, but it was difficult.  It was as if she was hypnotizing him.  Making him forget who he was, his purpose.  He finally broke away from her gaze and scratched his head.  "Right...Well, I'm Daniel."

He stuck his arm out, a gesture for her to shake his hand.

Skylar, however, didn't catch on.  She backed away quickly, falling on the sand and staring up at Daniel.

Daniel laughed.  "Wow.  Very spazzy."  He extened his arm down to her, to help her up.

Skylar stared at his hand, as if it were goin to stab her.

Daniel sighed.  "Take my hand."

Skylar grabbed his hand, and he pulled her up.

"So,"  he said.  "What's your name?"

Skylar stared at him blankly.

He rolled his eyes.  "Calm down, shoujo.  You're a bit too talkative for me."

Daniel noticed her big green eyes, locked onto him.  Staring into his very soul.  "Uhm..."  he said nervously.  "You gotta place to stay?"

Skylar shook her head.

Daniel smiled.   "All right!  C'mon!  I gotta place!"  He started to run, jerking on Skylar.  He just realized he hdn't let go of her hand.  "Oops..."  he whispered.

Daniel pulled Skylar across a street and into a small neighborhood.  The houses all looked exactly the same, lined up against each other, all their yards green.

He pulled her to the end of the road where an old abandoned house sat.  It looked haunted. 

Daniel smiled.  "Don't worry, shoujo.  The haunted house isn't mine."  He looked around to make sure no one was nearby.  "I gots me a house in the woods."  He stared into Skylar's eyes, smiling brightly.  His smile faded, however, when he saw no emotion on her face at all.  In fact, she looked weak.  Ready to pass out.

He sighed.  "You okay, shoujo?"

Skylar stared at him, looking a little sad.

Daniel started to freak out.  "Uhm...Don't worry!  I-I'll get you to my place!  I promise!"

Daniel dragged her through the quiet forest, dodging trees and stumps.

An old wooden shed sat in the opening.  It was by a small pond, with fish swimming around in it.  Daniel yanked open the shed door and threw her onto his bed. 

"Shoujo!"  he shouted, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her.  "Are you okay?!  Say something!"

Skylar stared at him sadly.  Her eyes were half closed, and she looked very weak.

Tears rolled down Daniel's face.  "Shoujo, you're gonna be okay, right?"

Skylar managed a small grin, and passed out on the bed.

Daniel breathed heavily.  "Shoujo!  No!  Oh no..."  He squeezed his eyes shut and gritted his teeth.

Skylar started to snore loudly.

He sighed.  "Whew!"  He fell back and hit his head on the ground with a thump.  "I'm so relieved, shoujo.  You're alive..."

Daniel closed his eyes and fell asleep.



© 2010 Master Gargoyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010


Author

Master Gargoyle
Master Gargoyle

nunya bizz, CA



About
I like writing stories a lot (obviously) and I think I'm really good at it. I'm hyper, loud, and random. I'm trying to be a bit more social...but it's not going good so far. Lol...I'm a proud Christ.. more..

Writing
War War

A Stage Play by Master Gargoyle