Romance of Sun and Moon, The First Eclipse

Romance of Sun and Moon, The First Eclipse

A Chapter by Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
"

Ever wonder of when the first eclipse occurred? What if the stars where the children of the Sun and Moon, and why does the Sun set red? These are all the main source to this wonderful story.

"

Romance of Sun and Moon

The First Eclipse

 

            “A story, a fable or even a myth can this be called. But long, long ago when you were just a Star I fell in love with your beautiful mother and we created the most beautiful species in the skies. Yes, you were part of this as well as all of your brothers and sisters. I beg that if you find this letter to share it with all of your brothers and all of your sons and children’s children… for this is The Beginning of Romance itself… and we called it Eclipse.”

            

There was once a single planet who’s name was never known, she was beautiful and had everything you could never imagine, Beasts like the Zizi, Leviathan, Griffin; and Flora like the Yew Tree, Lotus, Anemone, things out of your imagination. Silvered Rainbows and Golden Oceans, Skies of Pearls and Mountains of Onyx it was like no other Planet you know, I remember its beauty. There we lived your mother and me; she was the Princess of the Rahu Kingdom while I was the Prince of the Ketu Kingdom, bound to be together yet we were forbidden, for our kingdoms could never cross paths. I loved the way that she would whisper to the rocks as she fossils the secrets of our love, smart girl I always thought to myself. I would do the same with the sand as the wind blew away every last word, we would share our Love in this way. My brothers would get jealous, Saturn, Mars, Uranus and Jupiter were in love with Venus, Mercury, Neptune, and Pluto. Yet for some reason we were not allowed to have any contact, male and female were not able to speak or have any contact to one another. But one Light day, I could not resist the beauty of the Silvered Sun and I wanted to sneak across the Golden Ocean that separated us, so I did, and there I found the most beautiful Princess, dressed in White Pearling Clothing while I wore my Golden Coat. As Darkness fell I saw her glow that covered my shine, for that dark night I became more in love with her beauty. I saw how she would take the pillows of the Ocean and place them in the Sky, she was magnificent but I had to hurry back before we were caught out of place, so I leaned into her and brushed her face with my shine until the next light day. Every light day that passed made our Romance grow stronger and stronger until one darkness night we hid under the crystal snow to discover our love… I remember it well, that night that melancholic darkness night was the night that our Kingdoms collided and there we made something no one has ever seen before, The Eclipse!

           

What was this rush inside of my body? I could suddenly see beams that burst out of me and a glow that came out of her. It was something so amazing until we touched and as soon as we touched… Our lights dimmed yet a Halo appeared around our bodies, the night I will never forget. My brothers the next day did not speak with me and their silence tortured my thoughts all of a sudden I see Rahu standing in front of my throne, furious! What was the Empress doing on this side of the Golden Ocean? Ketu began to shout, “SOL! What have you done?” I was confused and did not know what he was referring to, even though I had already sensed what it was. I suddenly see LUNA, a surprise, but she looked different. Everyone gasped, “An Eclipse?” Saturn whispered. And there I saw how Rahu and Ketu touched LUNA and these lights, these beautiful colored lights came out of her hands, everyone stood back and witnessed the most amazing moment in history yet it was the most life changing, Rahu and Ketu called them Stars but with this came consequences, we were cursed, a banned Love that fell upon our brothers and sisters Rahu and Ketu had to merge their kingdoms and there they created a new planet, one that had the freedom of Love so a curse never falls upon the world again, they named the kingdom, EARTH. This planet was inhabited by a new species called humans, among them, were animals which were other living beings; Luna and I were separated by the dark and light to be an example to them, we fell in a great depression but Rahu and Ketu left behind one beautiful treat, the Freedom of creation on Earth. There Luna and I began to create Love and Romance on this planet as our brothers and sisters did as well to remind them that Love is real.


Venus created this red subject she named Fire, to show her burning Love for Saturn as he created the Wind. Uranus merged with Neptune to create a substance called Water vast in the Oceans where their Love crashed back and forth as waves. Mercury and Mars decided to create Mountains and Rocks to determine their strong Love. And finally, Jupiter and Pluto decided to create something called magnetism and gravity which was a very strong bond no matter what distance that came between them. Yet Luna and I, we made something far beyond, we created Flora not only to show Romance but to show beauty, I decided to set red at dawn to demonstrate to the Moon how much I loved her and once in many years we would find each other and create another Eclipse. This would make more stars but since our stars were made of an abnormal creation they wouldn’t last in space so they would fall and Luna would cry and she didn’t want our children to get lost in space so we used our Love, we used our creation on Earth to preserve our children and those children are YOU!


We hid the stars in our Flowers where they were identified as golden or platinum on a rose, the Gold were Male and the Platinum was Female and whoever finds these flowers, our children, are destined to live in Love forever as Luna and Sol. So children of ours, shine, shine so everyone will believe in the Love that we hold because you were all created by Love to give Love… until our Garden is restored for another Eclipse…

  “…As Constellations Write Our Names”     -YAD-



© 2017 Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse


Author's Note

Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
An interesting point of view on the separation of the Sun and Moon, following with the birth of the stars. leave comments please. The planets genders are based off of Hindu Astronomy. Rahu and Ketu are Hindu Planets not known in the West.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OoooOOoO! I really love this!! Very creative and well written my dear. x

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

6 Years Ago

Ah, its a pleasure to know you are still around. thank you :)
Eclipse as a symbol of love? that's cool :)

I liked the different unions of the planets you created here, symbolizing their love for each other. It's clear you've put a lot of imagination in this which was really good to read. I've read about the Hindu planets you mentioned, Rahu and Ketu.

A brilliant idea, well told :))

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

6 Years Ago

Im glad this was familiar to you :)
Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

It was a pleasure to read 😊
Masterful storytelling. We enjoyed this as well. I enjoy the richness of fables, and share with my son a number of fables from our Māori & Croatian roots. This is quite similar to a Māori myth, my son could even draw the similarities.

You have a beautiful style. Regards Curtis & Ray

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

Your son is a very smart boy and one rich of culture, Im sure he is such a blessing to you. :)
Your an amazing writer! I really enjoyed reading

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

Why thank you for such a kind review. I see your from Mass, haven't had the pleasure of meeting you!.. read more
Such a wonderful telling of this story, Drift.
When the two align in love, the eclipse is the evidence. Brings to mind the songs total eclipse of the heart too. Romantic, a legend in the making.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much dear Papaya! I admire you always stopping by!
Your stories just shift from one thing to another, Philosophy, Science, Mythology, Astronomy

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

Yes, I cant stay writing about just one thing, though my writings are for children I like to write w.. read more
wow this sounds like something my character would have said ! wish i had thought of it lol

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

I'm glad it can relate to something of yours. And I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the comment
Amazing tale written. You could expand to a epic and perfect tale.
"We hid the stars in our Flowers where they were identified as golden or platinum on a rose, the Gold were Male and the Platinum were Female and who ever finds these flowers, our children, are destined to live in Love forever as Luna and Sol. So children of ours, shine, shine so everyone will believe in the Love that we hold because you were all created by Love to give Love… until our Garden is restored for another Eclipse…"
I liked the above lines a lot. I'm 1/2 Ojibwa and I liked the use of nature and the myth. I believe all life is part of this world. No weakness in the outstanding tale.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I could probably write a longer version. It was a very distinct piece of writing. Glad y.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

The who, what, where, when and how would make the story a epic journey. And you are welcome.
wow thats amazing!! i hope you continue to write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

Thank you! :) I'm awaiting to see more stories from you. I'll be waiting.
Writing Angel

8 Years Ago

thanks hope we can write something together soon..i like the details in this
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

I am soooooo down to collaborate with you. And thanks, I put alot of thought into it. I'll be messag.. read more
Reading a completely metaphorical piece like this is not my strength, but here goes. First of all, most of this was written very poetically, except for a couple spots where it felt like nuts & bolts explanations. Even when I could not follow the many connections & relationships being laid out in your story, I was content to just read along & appreciate the way you crafted the imagery & also how much imagination you put into this. The strongest & most original aspect is that of an eclipse being a metaphor for making love. Very creative & well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

Very much appreciated! Thank you for that constructive piece of advice. This one was a lot more aimi.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

660 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 2, 2016
Last Updated on March 25, 2017


Author

Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

Worcester, MA



About
My writing is strongly based on science, culture, myths and fantasy. I do enjoy poem writing but short stories are my passion, I am developing a few novels as well. I am looking for any critique that .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not your hue Not your hue

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson