Within A Beast

Within A Beast

A Chapter by Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
"

An Essay of physical effect. here is a new type of writing I am developing.

"

Within A Beast

 

          Corinthian, Dorian and Ionic Columns were known to Greeks and Romans of this Imperial structure, its massive oversized walls at first gave the impression of a new realm I was going to step in. Instantly did I internalize aspiration for it not knowing what this was, neither how to address it. With bells over top and doors only a giant could open, I was astonished. But what gave the pale ornamented creature its color was the vibrant music composed of Organs and Vocal Angels descending from heaven. I then knew this was not just any place I have fearlessly adventured through before, I called it, The Beast.

            The first impression of the outer structure blossomed curiosity wanting to leap into its mouth. The birds flew away in fear but my courage and valor went against nature. It wasn’t until I reached the inner walls of its mouth that I found beauty in it. The faces of those swallowed laid rest on its walls and benches all around eagerly invited more to sit and enjoy the ride they were about to go on. Not knowing what to do or what to say I internally found myself changing, being lullabied by its sweet music awaiting deeper into its stomach. The men and women all around came over for the very impression I had, the beauty that laid inside. I walked down the red carpeted tongue watching closely behind to see if the mouth would close, but its teeth never reached the other end. What was this feeling? At first I was astonished by the outside details of it but now chills ran down my spine choking the excitement out of the air, pale did the air turn, pale and blue.

            Venturing down its throat the red carpet seemed like the only safe road to take. Walking towards the center guiding to its heart, singing to me, how beautiful its beat, steady, soft, rhythmical. The allure atop mesmerized my presumption of the structure, its windows captivating the rainbow in its eyes affecting the color range of its interior. The welcoming embodiments frozen in the paintings broke the mysterious aroma shielding the beauty, in awe I strolled along swoon by its fantasy. Following the path down its walls I couldn’t help but acknowledge that even its walls held beautiful décor holding gold, silver, bronze and platinum within. But it wasn’t until shortly after the illusion that its beauty began to fade. My eyes dared not to follow through, but reason caught up knowing that it would not have lasted, nor here, nor anywhere. It was the only soothing stop I could find as its ribs were stained and damaged from centuries of collected pathogens with unrestricted entry.

It seemed as if its homeostasis has malfunctioned throughout the welcoming of pilgrims whom carelessly fault its defense system. I felt like a masked cell knowledge-less entering deeper into the layered body of the beast about to reach its stomach. The heart was behind but its soothing masking lullaby could not recoat the tarnished stains held within. Why has the beauty faded, limited to its reality? I instantly changed perspective, I was gaining respect for the beast, as I have forgotten what it was at all. The sheep did not mind its reality, for their Sheppard knew how to control the herd and there I began to notice the little pieces many turned a blind eye towards. Its dented walls and chipped floors have been revealed to me and all of its once beautiful feel sunk into an abyss of falseness.

From afar I gazed towards the end, it gave the impression of sanctity where no one but anointed ones could enter. Thus observing my eyes rose towards a light that clearly attempted to stretch towards the heart but falling short to the ribs. I thought it was the exit of this beast but I was naïve to only find out that it was a deceiving light. Confusion stirred within me, how is it that such a beauty can be masked to only reveal tainted details? I chose not to be sheep nor any form of ground rooted animal, I chose to be an eagle to fly out of the beast never to look back towards its magnetic feel. So I did, I rushed out of the beast trying to ignore the captivating lullaby only to exit through the seductive lips of the beast as it attempted to kiss its way back to my heart. Though curiosity claimed many, I was of whit refusing its invitation. There stood the beast waiting for me to come back glaring its eyes, I could only see the mark on its forehead in a blur to spell out a name I would never forget… Church. 



© 2017 Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse


Author's Note

Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
trying a new essay writing. comments please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the imagery I feel as though I was there awesome

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much sweet dear!
Id love to say many things about this one! but of course all I can say is well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I like how you told this and I started to think about some of the very ornate and intimidating churches I have visited. I don't really go to church but when I travel I like visiting churches. I appreciate the art and history.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
...

7 Years Ago

Je vous en prie ;)
Wow... Succinctly Said. The wording in this and your the style of presentation of herein has a distinctive Arabic or middle eastern flavor... The language is flowery like that, as well as the presentation. I really enjoyed this and look forward to more.
Wolf ,'', ^@@^ ,'',

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for that welcoming comment. I appreciate it very much
very great work
i love the story and ending was really nice !!!
thanks for sending me request

Posted 7 Years Ago


This was really good! I liked how the Beast was something I wasn't expecting. Gave it a twist


Posted 7 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I was a little iffy about it since I never wrote a piece like it but your who D.. read more
Well done. You have great talents as an writer.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mr. Drift, an interesting piece about the protagonist's encounter with religion and the allure of it. At first, I did not expect your Beast to be what it was. Nice job describing the architecture in the manner of a beast devouring souls. Quite the opposite of what the religious establishment would say.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

I know. But I had to tell the truth some how. It was hard to do this because I myself am a man of fa.. read more
i really like this style from you, you do it very well. i like the personification of the building, it quite literaly brought it to life, vividly and the metaphorical use throughout was just right, sometmes i find people go to far with it and you can lose sight of what they were originally speaking of but you kept it at just the right amount to make it interesting and alive but still aware of what you were writing about. i enjoyed this very much...can relate to it a*s well..i also can appreciate the beauty of religious buildings but that is pretty much where their allure ends for me. well done, full marks :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

8 Years Ago

thank you very much. I was shy of this piece but I see that it wasn't as bad as I thought. I hope I .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

709 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2016
Last Updated on March 25, 2017


Author

Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

Worcester, MA



About
My writing is strongly based on science, culture, myths and fantasy. I do enjoy poem writing but short stories are my passion, I am developing a few novels as well. I am looking for any critique that .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The End. The End.

A Poem by K. Harding


Shapeshifter Shapeshifter

A Story by Aurafiex