Chapter 3. Hidden in the Mountains

Chapter 3. Hidden in the Mountains

A Chapter by Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

Scene 3: Hidden in the mountains: 

 

The Sun arrived and there was the morning star herself, Nube. One of the four legendary children of the two mythical birds. The birds were preparing for their journey, they were on their way to the mountain of Tierra to find the great Rock Bird. Melody began to jot down notes in the journal on its blank pages and then read the section of the Rock Bird.  

“Such an amazing bird!” she thought to herself. 

Amp was deemed the strongest one out of all. The great four legged bird. But I failed to mention something very important. (The Caladrius catches her breath) Black Feather casted a curse on the prisoned birds. They have lost their sense of good, this means that we will have to fight my brother, but this potion will be able to counter the curse.” The Caladrius held up a bottle of white liquid inside.  

The birds arrived to the mountain’s peak, Nube was searching around, trying to remember where she last saw her brother get locked away. Jazz and Aqua stayed put, waiting for the great birds arrival while Melody searched anxiously to find Amp. She turned over rocks and searched through the rubble, peeped into holes in the ground but failed to find anything. After giving up the search, little Melody saw pebbles moving, she tapped on the shoulders of her friends to turn around and be an audience of what was occurring. A small twister began to spin carrying the pebbles in it nd before they knew it, they were trapped in the eye of the twister, the pebbles it scooped from the floor began to fire inside aiming for the brave birds.  

“Everyone get down!” Shouted the chubby penguin who then created an igloo around the birds to deflect the pebbles. The pebbles then ascended and merged to create a giant boulder smashing right into the top of the igloo shattering the shielding ice walls. The injured birds rose from the rubble to see how wings began to free themselves out of the scattered rocks, and there witnessed a bird shaping itself out of the rocks. Four stoned legs kicked out of the pile of rocks to lift the boulder body as the head of the beast looked down on the birds. The Griffin stood high before them and opened its dusked eyes.  

“Should we attack?” yelled out Aqua ready to battle the giant beast. The Caladrius spread its wing holding back the eager bird. 

“Brother! Do you recognize me?” the Caladrius cried out. The stone bird looked down to the cloud rested Caladrius. His head crept closer to the bird and asked “Who might you be?” 

“I am Nube, the sister that came to rescue her brother from a hypnotized prison.” The bird took out the potion, “Drink this and be free!”  

The Griffin stood back and responded angrilyDo you mock me? I am the great Griffin, I am no prisoner of anyone.” 

Nube got close “Long ago you were imprisoned here by Black Feather, you are the son of the royal birds. Please believe me.”  

Aqua and Jazz stand behind the Caladrius and can’t wait around any longer for Amp to subside. “Grab the potion Jazz, I will try to open its beak.” Aqua runs towards the massive boulder and Jazz slides over to the potion grabbing it out of Nube’s wing. The stone bird smacks the dive bird away, Melody hops behind catching Aqua in a grass net flying towards the giant stone beak. The birds fight off the stone until Jazz knocks the boulder down, the boulder was too heavy to get up from the floor and the four birds peck at its beak until they manage to open it and watch the drops of life being swallowed by the rock bird. A savage wind blew them away as the stones on the bird shattered flying off as meteors. As the dust clears off they witnessed the presence of the new Rock Bird, Amp the Griffin. 



© 2017 Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on May 13, 2017
Last Updated on May 13, 2017


Author

Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse
Sir Drift & Mr. Pulse

Worcester, MA



About
My writing is strongly based on science, culture, myths and fantasy. I do enjoy poem writing but short stories are my passion, I am developing a few novels as well. I am looking for any critique that .. more..

Writing