What Makes A Write (un)Original?

What Makes A Write (un)Original?

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay
"

Discussion and Opinion.

"
Since the beginning of writing, we've been given various ideas on which we base our writes. Love, heartbreaks, romance, erotica, children, horror, serial killings, humour, and a lot more others. 

What makes a writing style unique is not what you have as an idea, but on the way how you present it. There have been numerous of us writing romantic stuff but only few make it accountable to the reader. The idea itself is stale or unoriginal but should we stop writing romance? Should be that we present new ways to portray it. 

Same goes for any serial killings as the main factor in a novel. We've seen those countless times in movies/novels but that doesn't lessen its charms, rather it's the writer's skills which adds creativity to it (that is if the writer has creativity).

So, the end point: none of the ideas we write on are original but neither are they unoriginal. 
Be creative. Originality stems itself. 


© 2018 Dr. YumnaKay


Author's Note

Dr. YumnaKay
This is probably an opening for a debate. Feel free to come up with a counterargument. I would love to hear them. And... don't take it personally ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BBP
Yumna, this was not original! :) hahahahahaha

So true, its like saying that the love of your life really isn't special because people have already fallen in love.

That the spaghetti at a diner is the same as a little old lady making it in Italy.

Everything can have a unique twist, just like people all have unique taste.

Without all of that our world be a boring f*****g place!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

I thought so that you would say that 😂😂
Well it's a garbled mixture of conversations a.. read more
BBP

7 Years Ago

You knew I would!!!!! hahahahaha
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Yeah I think I know at least you hahah 😛😂



Reviews

The points in this piece are all very valid. EVERYTHING has been done before and it is up to the writer to put a new spin on things throughout the story. Just like you say - 'What makes a writing style unique is not what you have as an idea, but on the way how you present it.-' So very true.
It is all about presentation and the writers creativity to create a STORY which has never been told before. A chapter here and there will not matter - its all the other chapters that matter and how they unfold and in what way.
I do watch MANY films and read COUNTLESS books and do see many things the same from one book/movie to the next BUT the thing which keeps me going is the CREATIVITY of the STORY.
I too agree with Ahseks points down below.

I agree with this line too -' rather it's the writer's skills which adds creativity to it (that is "if" the writer has creativity).'

Good piece. Very well said.

Mark.



Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Ahh, Mark, I was hoping you at least would argue 😛 lol jk
Thank you for seconding me here... read more
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

lol.
Not a problem. It's so very true with what you say.

Creativity is the key.. read more
yes an idea is borrowed or built from another's idea or thoughts in the quest of human's trying to be better.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Of course! I know his tactics 😉😂
andrew mitchell

7 Years Ago

But has he got a gun?
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Probably without bullets 😉😂
Lol I actually agree to this, everything in life has already been written/documented, even if you think it's the best Idea in the world, you are not the first person to think of it! You're right, it's how you present it that makes it unique! Your writing style has to be unique to be considered different. My novel I'm working on is on a serial killer, not original at all, but it's how I write about it that makes it different. Thanks for this Yumna. 😊 I'm off to bed, it's 3am here.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kesha

7 Years Ago

Lol you guys are hilarious. Now I've got the last word Yumna ;)
Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

haha - well played Ahsek...
:)
Kesha

7 Years Ago

Haha thank you

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1295 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 7, 2017
Last Updated on September 6, 2018


Author

Dr. YumnaKay
Dr. YumnaKay

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
|Dentist| |Poet| |Writer| |Realist| |Enthusiast| |Eccentric| |Egocentric| |Anti-social| |INTJ| |Cancerian| more..

Writing
Seconds Seconds

A Poem by Dr. YumnaKay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..