Delusion

Delusion

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay
"

Still raw. Ramblings of a raging mind...

"
Sometimes, falling in love with the feeling of being in love is what happens rather than actually being in love. 

Sometimes, the feeling of being in love is what feels good rather than the actual feeling of love. 

Or maybe it's just a warped up, garbled version of truth, love and lies... 

Maybe we're so used to living in a delusion that even reality seems bogus to our fake - accustomed eyes. 

Maybe it's all -- an illusion.


© 2018 Dr. YumnaKay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Maybe. Short and sweet and now I have to go rethink my entire life so thanks. Just joking as the harsh offering in this one made me imagine you walking down early morning streets that held flickering and vacant lights while you stood there answering and wondering where it all ends. I "loved" this in other words..or was it..lol. Wonderfully done. Thanks.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

5 Years Ago

I still wonder where it all ends, that's kinda my greatest curiosity in life.
I like your hu.. read more



Reviews

Yumna I think you pose this very well. If you've read my poem 'I don't like being in love' you will see that I have similar reservations. Illusion is a strong word, likewise delusion. At the time it feels so right, so real, so natural, so everything, and this affects even folk who are pretty experienced with relationships. So the words may be a touch harsh, but your reservations are, I think, well-founded ... and well presented here.

BRs Nigel

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

I seem to remember I have read that piece of yours, still I'll check that out again :)
I agre.. read more
When love becomes a misinterpreted perception of a sensory occurrence – genuine emotion is replaced by an idiosyncratic belief; this is not real love! Perhaps the poetic and pessimistic message in your write reflects that of broken heart! Well …. that is my take … :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

The weird thing is that I think most of the realistic things/facts are rather pessimistic, so maybe .. read more
Not rambling at all, my friend . . . I spent many of my best decades pursuing the "high" of falling in love. I threw away relationships like tissues, once the excitement turned to dull everyday. In your thought-provoking statement, the second line doesn't seem to have any distinction at all between the first & second aspects of the comparison. It could use a tiny tweak. Continue on my experimental friend (((HUGS)))

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

I did notice that upon reading your review and have tweaked a bit ;) but I'll get back to it. Most o.. read more
barleygirl

6 Years Ago

Yes, I like that line two better now *smile*
Life comes in waves, in dreams and illusions, and yes, in grand delusions. Who is to say what is real, what is true? Is it better for the soul to stare at barren stone or to see instead a palace of light? As for love, and all that happens with the fallen, your words shake us to wake, or perhaps to fall into a deeper sleep in order to flee the raging mind.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

I wish for the latter. Would be calming to give my raging mind some rest...
Thank you for you.. read more
An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

Well, I know you have a vast soul. There are endless places there for you to find some rest, some pe.. read more
We can want something so much that we forego the usual checks and balances and convince ourselves we are what we arent (or are involved in what we are not). Consider placebos/faux-meds or other substances for instance. (People do exhibit drunkenness if they 'think' they are drinking alcohol).
Your poem throws up some really pertinent questions for lovers 'in love' or for those embarking on same.
One of my very favourite people once said to me that love was his 'favorite of all the mental illnesses'.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

That's a funny statement :p I think it's all about what we choose to believe. Maybe faking it is a f.. read more
Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

I would contend that faking is a way/methodology of surviving and even thriving in some cases (ever .. read more
Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

Aye, I have! Maybe even trying to master it too lol :p
At some point in our lives, all we can think are just maybes, we make our own philosophy and theories about life and our past and this is similar to it. I really liked this as it portrays confused state of mind which resembles the feeling of being in love.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

I think life is a series of questions of what ifs, ifs and maybes... I agree with you. And yes, conf.. read more
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You are right and you are most welcome :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1365 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2017
Last Updated on July 13, 2018

Ramblings of A Raging Mind


Author

Dr. YumnaKay
Dr. YumnaKay

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
|Dentist| |Poet| |Writer| |Realist| |Enthusiast| |Eccentric| |Egocentric| |Anti-social| |INTJ| |Cancerian| more..

Writing
Seconds Seconds

A Poem by Dr. YumnaKay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ephemeral Ephemeral

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay


Search me... Search me...

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay