Without A Muse (Already)

Without A Muse (Already)

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay
"

1am reflections.

"

How terrible it must be, 

to hold a pen which forgets to bleed,

where inks turn transparent, 

like water running down streams,

where tears form beads of sorrow, 

glistening in every wake, 

while the muse slumbers on, 

peacefully ignorant, of the whirlwind

its absence creates...



© 2019 Dr. YumnaKay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i don't think the muse really cares...it does its own thing when it wants, where it wants and with whom it wants...we are simply pawns in its game...
we are subject to the sorrow and fear that we may never write again...when i go into spurts of no creativity...i often think..."well this is it...i am done, the muse has packed up and left for good"
and yet the whimsical muse comes back sooner or later...i do wonder if she gets a kick out of what she puts us through.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

I share the same thoughts as yours. And yes, I do get to a point sometimes where I feel like that I'.. read more



Reviews

I love this! Your imagery is so expansive & popping! I've never heard anything so fresh, regarding the well-worn topic of writer's block on this website! This feels like there's an over-exaggerated "Woe-is-Me" lament in the tedious tone of revelation with a dash of old-old-style farcical droning on. I say "droning on" but do not mean this in a bad way . . . I mean this as part of the charm of your delivery (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

And I love your review here. It made me smile :D Ironically, I was suffering from writer's block whi.. read more
The muse does- to use a silliness, take pleasure in making pen-pushers back into a place where we need think for ourselves, perhaps. Meantime 'muse' doesn't sleep but gathers steam and power for the coming attack when.. so much floods exhaustion sets in. Happens, all mood and moon influences .. perhaps, Yumna. Your ability to fight back seems endless, however.. ..

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Aye, 'pleasure' is the right word! I don't know if it's endless, but I do like to think that writing.. read more
A really poetic way of saying your muse is being unkind. Mine is too Dr Y. She is really mean at the moment and I am scratching away at old archived material. You do very nicely here without her :)

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Ah well, at least you have older stuff to go through ;)
I'm glad you appreciate, Christine. .. read more
A pen that forgets to bleed! Whirlwinds of absence, rifts in inspiration... Sorrowful transparency...Music dying... But most importantly... Hardest hitting of all... The ignorance one feels when clonking around in the dark trying to find that minuscule slivered parcel of light to cling to... Our muse is very much in charge... HOWEVER... One must reallly, realllllllly, realllllllllly... Attempt to decipher which one it is... Because writers have 2 forms of trouble they most run into, imo... First being a self professed "writers block"... In MOST cases, this is a negative/depressing inner voice we have allowed to consume 2 much of our everyday thought. In MOST cases, this is an ailment felt MOST of the time, and it is merely a... "Trail-marker" of sorts, meaning it marks the times in your life when you need to PUSH your writing. Most writers write when it "feels good"... This is an Americanized standard, as professionals without grants or funds in other countries, are FORCED to write for a living... Not EVERYTHING you write will be inspired or good, hell... Half the time it sucks... At least mine does... It is the EXERCISE in pushing oneself past those points, that truly matter to your longevity as a writer. Second form of trouble is far more rare, and often the aforementioned "writers-block" will be mistakenly CALLED this, but in reality you just had to work a bit harder. Being "EMPTY"... However, is a completely different thing... SOMETIMES, we have pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed to the point of having NOTHING left... At that point, the wisest choice is often to step back from your craft for a day or two... Recharge, spend time with family, do hobbies, whatever you find relaxing. When you come back, you will feel great again, better than ever. My point being... Do no rely 2 much on the "muse", she is a fickle creature... Instead, MAKE your own inspiration, and when the muse DOES come back around, she/he will have more to work with! Great write...!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

I feel like I've been hit with the second form of writer's block trouble you mention here lol, seein.. read more
Chase Dylan

4 Years Ago

Not a problemo... My pleasure, indeed...
I have had all these thoughts, myself...
Jus.. read more
Funny thing, Doc Muses come and go like wisps on the breeze, flitting from writer to writer...such is her capricious nature...we miss her when she has moved on and yet she always seems to return with a word or a phrase that jolts us awake in the middle of the night.

Your description of writer's block is excellent.
A good write.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

I just got a little too anxious last night, I guess, because my muse has kind of left me and I can't.. read more
Interesting way to describe writer's block. Creative and descriptive poetry in compact expressive poem that has meaning to many aspiring writers.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

I'm glad you think so. Thank you so much for appreciating, John. :)
i don't think the muse really cares...it does its own thing when it wants, where it wants and with whom it wants...we are simply pawns in its game...
we are subject to the sorrow and fear that we may never write again...when i go into spurts of no creativity...i often think..."well this is it...i am done, the muse has packed up and left for good"
and yet the whimsical muse comes back sooner or later...i do wonder if she gets a kick out of what she puts us through.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

I share the same thoughts as yours. And yes, I do get to a point sometimes where I feel like that I'.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 25, 2019
Last Updated on June 28, 2019


Author

Dr. YumnaKay
Dr. YumnaKay

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
|Dentist| |Poet| |Writer| |Realist| |Enthusiast| |Eccentric| |Egocentric| |Anti-social| |INTJ| |Cancerian| more..

Writing
Seconds Seconds

A Poem by Dr. YumnaKay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..