You...

You...

A Poem by Yu Yu

You are my validation.
I need your affirmation.
Of my existence.
That I should be who I am.

You are my deliverance.
I need your approval.
Of my being.
That am doing the right thing.

You are my hope.
I need your faith.
Of what I'm able.
That I can achieve destiny.

© 2008 Yu Yu


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Waow! I like the assertiveness and the unapologetic tone! It augurs an author with a clout or at least character! Yes, there are instances in our lives where we need the other one to make the moment complete and significant. Yes, we are still somehow imperfect or not achieved without that other one......

Posted 15 Years Ago


I hope you were looking in the mirror when you wrote this! LOL. We humans often rely on others for our "validation"...we feel we need a partner to show we are normal, functioning, accepted beings. I am guilty of such beliefs at times in my life.
"I need your faith." for some reason this line really affected me... I need "YOUR faith", in me ? In God/religion? In life? A great line, left open ended for the reader to interpret as they will. Your writing style is unique and fresh ... the sentences all ending with periods lends a finality to your thoughts.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Really nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh, l could go on for hours about this subject.
it's a very... deep, and for me, frustrating overwhelming one - how dyou tell the difference between being Dependant on someone, and simply valuing their opinion? how dyou find the medium between submission for your own happiness, and giving up your soul?
The way you expressed this - the simplicity of each line, the way you broke it down into the 3 main parts, ending with destiny - is something l found worked quite well.

oh. erm.
That am doing the right thing.
- that should be "i am" l think?
as for the concept...3 phases you expressed here, each very important & influential.
very much enjoyed
~misa

Posted 16 Years Ago


depending that much on someone or something. I wonder what you really mean this piece to be about. a lover, a parent, a god? There is something about the phrasing that I really like. I would really like to read more of your work. I think the piece is really clean and written so smoothly.
thanks so much for sharing.

peace to you,
danielle

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

444 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2008

Author

Yu Yu
Yu Yu

Gurgaon, India



About
I'm a third culture kid born in China, Beijing. I was brought up in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma); Cairo, Egypt; New York, USA. I'm now living in Gurgaon, near New Delhi, India. And I use all the crazy expe.. more..

Writing
I dreamt I dreamt

A Poem by Yu Yu


Managing Chaos Managing Chaos

A Poem by Yu Yu