Journal Entry #2

Journal Entry #2

A Story by Zac Aurory
"

It's good to be king.

"
Journal Entry December 18th 2012
Ever since the world went to s**t 20 years ago I’ve been living like a king. I was a high school drop out who was told by everyone, including my family, that I would amount to nothing, worse than nothing. Then the world ended. Not literally, that’s going to happen in a few days, but we were told of the end, and people, they went crazy!
Now me, I saw an opportunity and I took it. People were panicking and no one was paying attention to the laws and neither was I. I started stealing straight up from people’s houses. Then when people stopped working I started going into the empty offices, breaking into their vending machines and stealing whatever they’d left behind. I was caught a couple of times but I’d always talk my way out of it.
It was on one of those occasions that I was caught when I told the guy I knew how to get him anything he wanted. That was when I became king. He told me, sarcastically, that I couldn’t get him the RX8 he’d always wanted. I told him: ‘Sure, sure I can. Look you keep my goodies here and give me an hour.’ See, I’d seen one around the corner a block or two and I knew no one was coming back for it because I saw the owner off himself because he couldn’t handle the world ending. It was kind of luck for me really, but after that job, he told me if I needed anything he “owed me one”. Soon everyone I met “owed me one”.
Funny how the end of the world can change some people. For better or worse, it doesn’t matter now. I’ve called in most of my favours and had a good 20 years of being king. Now I get to die like the rest of the present life, though at least I’m going out smiling.

© 2014 Zac Aurory


Author's Note

Zac Aurory
This is my second entry and I've tried to be as different from the first as possible to help the reader understand the diversity of this blog. Please, once more give me your honest feed back

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 10, 2014
Last Updated on March 10, 2014
Tags: king, journal entry, fiction, blog, Journals of the End, end of the world

Author

Zac Aurory
Zac Aurory

Melbourne, VIC, Australia



About
I'm an inspiring writer, who writes to escape to a world everything is possible. more..

Writing