March Of The Clowns

March Of The Clowns

A Story by DeusExMachina
"

Opening paragraph of... something. Don't expect to ever finish it but I liked it, so hey.

"

MARCH OF THE CLOWNS


The Fair took up the whole of the common with its sprawling lights, sounds and sights. For all the world it looked like London had settled in the centre of Jadespring, bringing with it a band of misfits that looked as out of place walking down its quaint little streets as any of the occasional foreigners who turned up out of the blue, usually to be driven away again to the shots of a rifle or two.

You couldn’t miss the garish posters sprawled across all the shop windows, stating, in no uncertain terms, that ‘The World Famous Geshreik Fair Has Come to You!’ Well, none in the town had ever heard of it, so it was widely accepted that the ‘World Famous’ part was most probably a lie of some kind.

The travelling carnival incorporated rides, such as the merry-go-round carousel, sideshows, the normal, gypsy women telling fortune and coconut shys, but at the centre lay a towering circus tent. It was coloured red and cold, and as you walked inside it, you were transported into some coliseum of ancient times, a place of barbarism and blood. It wasn’t a mere tent for the forays of abnormal humans. It was an arena. 

© 2012 DeusExMachina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you should finish it! the last sentence "It was an arena." really got me interested like a min cliffhanger! This is so unfair lol :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on November 12, 2012
Last Updated on November 12, 2012

Author

DeusExMachina
DeusExMachina

Nowhere! (It's in England).



About
I write, I talk to people, I moan, I write, I listen to music, I write... etc. more..

Writing
Jane Doe Jane Doe

A Story by DeusExMachina


Ethera Ethera

A Story by DeusExMachina