They will laugh at me

They will laugh at me

A Story by Ernest Yungsi
"

Get rid of the number one fear

"

The room is packed full and waiting for a speaker to make an appearance.

Suddenly, a voice over announces that the speaker is ready, and this gets everyone’s attention

There is a hush in the room. You can hear yourself think in the silence.

The speaker appears, marching towards the microphone and all eyes follow him. He carries himself with dignity, his back is straight and he looks like he knows what he’s doing, until something happens.

He trips on a the microphone cord, staggers around like a drunk, and is about to fall flat on his face, but his hands reach out and grab the ground, thus breaking his fall.

What do you think will be the popular reaction from the audience?

Of course they are going to burst out laughing.

And what is the speaker supposed to do?

Cry?

Of course not!

Run away?

Heck no!

A wise person will use the laughter to his advantage, to set the tone for a very interesting speech. That’s even what slapstick humor is built on.

And that’s why I told you this story.

Because one of the reasons why so many people go to their graves without unpacking the brilliant ideas that God gave them is fear.

“People will laugh at me,” many people often say.

What about people whom you thought were your trusted friends, throwing you under the bus? When they flat out say, “We don’t know this guy.” Or what about the moments when they flat out cry for your resignation, your imprisonment or even your execution?

Jesus Christ was laughed to scorn when He told people that a dead girl was only sleeping and then He spoke to her and she woke up. His disciples, the people who were supposed to be part of His trusted circle abandoned Him and ran away when He got arrested; it was even one of them that betrayed him. But even these disciples ended up receiving the Holy Spirit, sent by Jesus to help strengthen them. I’m sure Judas, the one who betrayed Him would have been forgiven as well if he had not chose to kill himself.

Jesus’s family thought He was crazy when He came to His hometown to preach the gospel, but eventually they all joined His ministry. The Jews finally arrested Jesus, humiliated Him and then nailed Him on the cross, but He didn’t stay dead for long. He was up and back after three days.

How does all this concern you?

Well, Jesus said, that anyone who believes in Him will be able to do the works that He did and even mightier works. Imagine yourself, not being scared of anything.

I mean anything!

You’ve got the same power that rose Jesus from the dead. You can use it any time you want, to overcome every obstacle that comes your way in this life. Visualize yourself in situations where you would usually back down, but instead of running away, you are saying, “I have the power of Jesus, so I am not going to stop!”

Can you see this picture clearly? If YES, go ahead and use it!

If NO, then keep reading the Bible, it would build up your faith and you’ll be able to see it.

And whenever you feel like doing something, ask yourself if it is the truth, if you’re doing it to please others or you’re doing it because it is the reason God put you in this world. If you’re following your God-given purpose, it must be something that is not born from selfish ambition. That way, you’re sure nothing and no one’s opinion would matter except what God thinks.

And by the way, it doesn’t matter if you agree with what you just read or not, what matters is that you’ve read it and the seed of the love of God has been sown in your heart. It will take root and germinate and grow into a tree-bearing fruit, if you let it…the question is, will you?

© 2017 Ernest Yungsi


Author's Note

Ernest Yungsi
Do what you have to

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on February 20, 2017
Last Updated on February 20, 2017
Tags: fear, mockery, ridicule, Jesus power, just do it, brave, goals, dreams

Author

Ernest Yungsi
Ernest Yungsi

Buford, GA



About
Ernest Yungsi is a journalist by training, a teacher by circumstances, a soccer player by choice and a writer for the love of the craft. A journalist was what he was when he graduated from the Univers.. more..

Writing