Gangnam

Gangnam

A Poem by zainul
"

Gripped by Gangnam fever

"
Gangnam

Dance form

Caused great storm

Stirred the social norm

Style

© 2013 zainul


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Like those "crazy youngsters" in the roaring twenties doing the Charleston. Silly teens and that wild rock-n-roll. Chubby Checker and the twist. And now, the Gangnam Style.
Every younger generation has had something... at least, for a while.
Very progressive thinking on your part with this introduction, Zainul.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Michael G.

11 Years Ago

I would be interested in their viewpoints, as well, Zainul.
zainul

11 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by again.
I think we already have precious reviews from the younger writer.. read more
Anna

11 Years Ago

I, 15 years, I didn't enjoy the Gangnam style in the beginning. But to be honest, after so many peop.. read more



Reviews

I love this! I like that you wrote about this because it is new and very creative! This a different theme than many other poems I have read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Hi Elizabeth,
Thanks for stopping by and review the short piece.
I feel very happy that .. read more
I am so glad i came up on your poem! Seriously someone should do a survey online by voting method to know if the Gangnam style 'lovers' even have an inkling about the lyrics meaning.
I didn't feel like listening to the song completely for the first time.I so hated it!
But one day at a college party all the guys started to rock and roll for this song that's when i thought it isn't as bad as i had thought earlier.Then finally i realized that its the beat of the song that's capturing the young minds and also the funny dance steps. Oh i am 20 btw!
I really love how you penned the entirety in a few words. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you Anxia for the very thoughtful opinion based on your personal experience and research.
read more
It certainly is very popular. I went to a wedding a few weeks ago, and they packed the dance floor when this song came on. Seems that all the younger people knew the dance steps!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

You are right,Lorena.I should confess that I knew about this pretty late.
In fact,the younger .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
PP
Gangnam has stirred the social norm indeed!! Have heard this tune played in almost every night club I've been in the past few weeks. This Korean Man has started a new wave of multi-cultural acceptance!! As much as I hate that song and the dance, but there is something about this Style!!

Nice work Zainul!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

I am very impressed by your admiring explanation.
It is a really a great storm or tsunami.
read more
PP

11 Years Ago

My pleasure Zainul! Keep all your amazing good work coming!
zainul

11 Years Ago

My pleasure too,Prathama.
I am enjoying such talented company like you here.
I feel very.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mir
Oh my gosh! I absolutley love this! haha it made me laugh! I really dislike that song very very much!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you Miranda for your honest expression.
I feel very glad that you loved the piece.
.. read more
Mir

11 Years Ago

Your very welcome! :)
zainul

11 Years Ago

:)
You have summed up this dance form that seems to be taking the world at large by a storm!! I must say I don't really understand why but then I am not really one of the younger age group and cannot explain why it is so popular!! It is somewhat amusing, but certainly does not overly impress me!! I, as Michael has said in his review, remember the dance crazes of my time - The Twist, The Chubby Checker, and others and why were they so popular? They were fun is all I can say! So, perhaps this style of presentation is just merely another way for young people to have fun!
He is just "psych" fun!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you Sheila for the wonderful review written with your priceless insight and experience.Yea,I a.. read more
zainul!
You've just written an instant classic!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you Lakely for the admiring review and invaluable compliments.
I adore your kind gesture.. read more
To be honest, I think Gangnam Style is rubbish, lol. But your poem is nice, and makes some valid points about the generations of today and their different social situations.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you Devon for the honest review.
I watched the video and studied articles on Gangnam St.. read more
devon

11 Years Ago

You are very welcome!
zainul

11 Years Ago

:)
I've seen the dance and the music video, and I wasn't at all impressed. Your poem does speak to the nature of what the song has done to the status quo artistically and musically, but for me, the song and dance is not the best.

Your words, though, are quite good and spot on as always.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you Kenneth for the honest feeling about the dance and the music video.I appreciate your view... read more
I don't know anything about this dance...sounds interesting...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

You will know a lot soon.This form is spreading like wild fire.
Thanks for your participation.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

914 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 22, 2012
Last Updated on February 18, 2013
Tags: gangnam, dance, form, storm, social, norm, style

Author

zainul
zainul

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
I am a born writer. But always hesitated to publish. I regret now in vain. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..