Stream of  Working Women

Stream of Working Women

A Story by zainul
"

Blood stream of the garment sector of Bangladesh.

"
When you are strolling out in the morning you will find young women with canteen in their hands.This stream of working women will enter thousands of garments factories located in the major cities of Bangladesh.In the depth of night if you go out for any reason you will see the same stream coming back home or shabby slum after the day's tedious work.They are paid very little,sometimes after months.
The establishment of garments sector in Bangladesh is a  great blessing.Garments produced in these factories are exported to many developed countries of the world.This has generated employment for thousands of workers most of whom are women.The women workers  contribute their best ability and talent for the functioning of this vital sector of Bangladesh.
Their wage,medical facilities,security from fire,disasters and debt should be given proper attention for the sake of humanity.Many garments workers lost their lives due to recent fire taken place in a number of garments factories.The selfless workers need to be assured of the safety and security in their work places.
There have been reports of sexual harassment of women workers in certain factories.Proper surveillance and intervention may stop such immoral  activities.The government should take best possible measures to stop sexual harassment of the
garment workers.
Despite the low wage,lack of facilities and harassment  the women enjoy their work in the garments factories.They know that work is honor.Many people support these women and protest any injustice to them.
Let's salute the working stream of Bangladeshi women.They may be termed as the blood stream of the garment sector of Bangladesh.

© 2015 zainul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I lived in poor countries. People with little are happy with a house and food. I tell people. Poor nations don't feel the pain of the rich nations. Poor nations don't have a long way to fall. Countries who need and want everything cried when they miss a meal. I enjoyed the story of the women. Nations who are struggling need to learn a lesson. Cut back and live with what you really need. Thank you for the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

I am very pleased to learn your thoughtful observations based on your worldwide experience.This may .. read more



Reviews

Well said. Say more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

10 Years Ago

Roarke,thank you very much for your admiring review.
I have to say more.
But,I can't spe.. read more
Salute to the working stream of Bangladeshi women. YES, they may be termed as the blood stream of the garment sector of Bangladesh.

you have shown the plight of these working women clearly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Prritiy

11 Years Ago

you are right, the thing is untill it happens to the person himself, everyone remains oblivious to o.. read more
zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the compassionate observation.
I am overwhelmed by the display of humanity at th.. read more
Prritiy

11 Years Ago

yes the World Is because we have HUMANS within us here :)
Thank you for the insight. Nice work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the admiring review.
I feel very inspired by your comment.
I salute them and say many prayers for their saving from the poor conditions in they work in. We can its true enjoy anything really if we make the best of things. But I wish they did not have bad situations to deal with too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the compassionate review.
This means a lot to me.
This is a good awareness piece. In Afghanistan it was common to see women walk through multi layered mine fields to get water because it took to long to go around them while the men sat around gambling, smoking and bitching about us. I don't think to many folks in developed countries know how much back breaking, life endangering labor is thrust upon the shoulders of women in the poorest places of the world. Iraq wasn't any better either and that country was no where near the feudalistic basket case Afghanistan was. Decades of war can do that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the precious contribution and admiring review.
This means a lot to me.
I admire your concern for women. Only few men have this concern towards women. And you are very observant at the situation there in your country, means you are a concerned citizen.
A splendid piece of writing. Thanks for this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you Dhaye for the admiring review and generous compliments.
I feel very inspired by your.. read more
I do salute these women and hope their working conditions imporve.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

I feel grateful to you Marie for your strong support for these women and kind gesture.
Wow. What an awesome story and dedication to the wroking women of Bangladesh and any other country. You bring to light their plight but at the same time their blessings for like you said : "work is an honor" and that is so true for men and women. I dislike laziness in any form , shape or manner. People should understand that women make up at least half of any society and they should be equal in education and work and protection ( if they choose to work ). If they want to be a house wife too should be their choice.
A great job Zainul...Pen on...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

Hahaha... Thank you kind , sir...:)
zainul

11 Years Ago

You are most welcome,dear friend :)
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

:):):)
we called them "sweat shops" here in the USA ..I don't know if any still exist here..but I remember walking by one daily... the women there are etched into my memory..
I remember reading about that tragic fire..
Joining your voice to Salute these Women !

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend for enlightening me by sharing information on "sweat shops".
This is a g.. read more
Wow, I didn't know that this was going on. You get so caught up in helping one part of the world that sometimes you forget that there are terrible things going on everywhere. Thank you for informing me to this!
May these women remain strong, I respect them so much.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zainul

11 Years Ago

Hi Imara,you have a wonderful way to support my points.
This is a great blessing for me.
.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

871 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 21, 2015
Tags: Bangladesh, blood stream, garment sector, canteen, debt, disasters, facilities, fire, garments sector, harassment, intervention, salute, Bangladeshi women

Author

zainul
zainul

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
I am a born writer. But always hesitated to publish. I regret now in vain. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse


Fly TRAP! Fly TRAP!

A Poem by Muse