Empty calls

Empty calls

A Story by Rochelle
"

You never thought this would be the end, that the beep at the end of a call would be the overwhelming truth. At the beep that is were I leave you.

"

The phone rings, you wait patiently for that person to answer. The person you tell everything to like your deepest secrets, the stress your under and basically how much your life sucks right now. The phone continues to ring and still no answer. It rings one last time and stops before playing the pre-recorded voice message of their calm words. You listen to the message and wait for the beep but instead of speaking to a blank screen you just sit listening to the silence for a brief moment. The phone call ends but you don’t move, every inch of your being is shattered. You've never felt more alone, more empty and nothing seems to stop this lost feeling in your chest. Your nothing to this person any more and their nothing to you, your eyes tear up because this all became real. Your everything has simply become nothing and the world seems dimmer now you’re not together.

© 2016 Rochelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Things happen in life that are not fair or not according to plan. Empty calls focuses a sad reality on some relationships when we invest so much in them or sacrifice to no avail. Excellent...:)....................

Posted 8 Years Ago


Rochelle

8 Years Ago

thank you for the comment :)
please comment, I hope you like it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 17, 2016
Last Updated on March 17, 2016

Author

Rochelle
Rochelle

Australia



About
Hi guys and girls, I don't know how to exactly describe myself as a writer or what I get out of telling complete strangers about my life but I like writing it sets me free, all my worry's or proble.. more..

Writing
She's free She's free

A Story by Rochelle