'I'm Despondent... But I Search For Nothing Different'

'I'm Despondent... But I Search For Nothing Different'

A Poem by Hello, Goodbye
"

..even if I die every single day from a deep depression, it's my own self that invites this gloom to consume..

"



When I view at the mirror, all that I see, is a soul drenched in the liquid of horrid depravity. All that I can fathom is the foul felicity of a dream that is destroyed beyond a capable capacity. Nothing of who I am is pleasant. I'm full of errant notions and a mind that is never incandescent. All that I ever truly prove to be, is a fragmented mind with brevity in intellectual productivity. It shames my heart to know of such lowly standards. Of the way I work to be so lowly in mind as well as my actions.
 I know not of success or of adversity. I am a mind drenched in a total feeling of solitary depravity. And my soul is screaming foul every time. And my being is unsure of all aspects. And I try to drive on further and hopefully climb, but I falter in this futile endeavor. I love the artistic notions of this talented world. I love the expression of the passions of the soul that is pure of candor. But when it comes to my minds validity, I drench it with nothing but deceptive self mutilating slander. And its myself that crumbles every single plan. I am the one that unravels every single strand. So no matter how much I plead for a show of kindness and sympathy. I am the one that drives my own persona into a deep ambiguity.

- D.D. 

© 2010 Hello, Goodbye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice. Prosaic perfection. Freely-floating despondency unleashed. I like it much.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the word choice here, and the picture it conjurs.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this pulls at the emotional strings. I feel the pain from this here and the sadness. The expression here drives close to the heart. It is hard to overcome beating ourselves up at times. This is well written. Very relatable.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010
Tags: Lost, Hope, Despondency, Debauchery, Futility, Self

Author

Hello, Goodbye
Hello, Goodbye

Bobland, NY



About
I'm really actually Bob. more..

Writing