Révélation

Révélation

A Chapter by Ezar Co

In Vaucouleurs, a junior archaeologist discovered something from a piece of paper, seems that I came from a book. So he quickly runs going to his senior archaeologist.

“Monsieur! Monsieur! Look what I found,” he shows what’s on the paper. It was drawn the look of the bizarre creature that has lion’s paw, dolphin’s tail, cherub’s wings, a human head, and her body covered with lion’s fur, dolphin’s scale, acanthus leaves, and diamonds. Also, it indicates that it can be found near the river.

“Sorcerer! Does it exist?” the senior archaeologist asked.

“I think so, Monsieur!” the junior archaeologist answered.

“Find them!” the senior archaeologist requested.

The navy began to look for the unknown creature from different rivers around France starts from the Seine until when the night comes.

In Montsoreau, the prince couldn’t sleep, thinking of the girl so, he went back to the Loire river. It is midnight. He really was curious about the girl. So he goes nearly the cave with his lamp to light his path. The creature is sleeping. As he goes closely, he saw a sparkling diamonds on a dolphin’s tail and as he pans the lamp, he saw the lion’s paws and the creature’s body. Still, he continues panning the lamp going to the head of the creature. Now, he saw a human head, the head he thought of.

“Oh!” The prince got scared.

The creature heard the prince and she wakes up surprisingly. “Oh!” The creature reacted.

“What are you?!” The prince asked, still afraid of her.

“I’m the girl you saw a while ago. This is what I’m trying to hide and don’t tell to anyone.” The creature explained.

“What happened? I willing to hear your story.” The prince asked, trying to be brave.

“I was cursed, I think. During my childhood, a few years ago, my family and I went on a grand ball in the kingdom of Montsoreau. I saw children playing hide and seek, so I joined. The time I’m going to hide, I saw a tree, shimmers. I hid there. While the game is going on, I keep looking for the diamond and decided to pick one. I didn’t know that it’s magical. So, a disaster happened and I turned into this creature… I’m afraid to go back home and I don’t want my parents to be afraid of me. So I stayed here for so long.” The creature explained further.

“How come and when you shift to human?” The prince asked.

“I may back to human everytime the sun is rising.” The princess answered. The surroundings are peaceful and quiet. “I’m sorry that I scared you.” She added.

“Well…” The prince pauses. The sun is rising. The creature began to shift into a human. “Whoa! That’s how you shift!” The prince amazed.

“Oui!” The princess answered.

“Aahh!... Hmm!… May I know your name, Mademoiselle?” The prince couldn’t control himself so he asked the girl.

“I’m Claudette, Claudette Le Meur.” The princess introduced her name.

“I’m glad to meet you! So, you’re from Fontainebleau?” The prince asked.

“Oui! How’d you know? And who are you?” The princess asked.

“I’m Gustave, Gustave Chevrier, your childhood friend from Montsoreau.” The prince answered.

“Oh, really! How wonderful! I’m glad to see you again.” The princess in cheer.

“Well, I think I have to go, for now. I’ll be back later. I just have to see my father.” The prince rode on his horse and go.

“See you later!” The princess shouted and started to sing.

In Montsoreau, the prince arrived.

“Bonjour, your highness! How’s your day?” Jean greeted.

“Oh, Jean! I think I’m in love!” The prince said.

“That would be nice, your highness. Your father will be glad to hear that.” Jean said.

“You think so? Oui, I think so. But, I think it’s still not the right time to tell him.” The prince said

“Why, your highness?” Jean asked.

“Well… Just… Nothing!” The prince thought of Claudette’s situation. So Gustave goes his room and sleep.

 



© 2018 Ezar Co


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on April 9, 2018
Last Updated on April 9, 2018
Tags: Fantasy, French, Claudette, Gustave, Baroque


Author

Ezar Co
Ezar Co

Manila, NCR, Philippines



Writing
Diamants Magiques Diamants Magiques

A Chapter by Ezar Co


La Malédiction La Malédiction

A Chapter by Ezar Co