below 50 feet of crap

below 50 feet of crap

A Chapter by zoerunning
"

can things really get any worse? She could lose her job

"

Now the weekend over, I could now no longer hide no matter how much I wanted to. I really was not looking forward to work, it being a magazine they know every piece of gossip, it was going to be hell. Liz knew I didn’t want to go in but at least she would stick up for me, if something happens thank god! She spent the morning before work trying to help mentally prepare me for work, seeing as she works it a different department she wouldn’t be there to help all the time which sucked. I was in one of those moods where if someone messed with me it would be the end of their life, I was no in the mood to have people talking about me really was not in the mood. Me and Liz got into work at about nine, as we walked into the foyer eyes were on us like we were some sort of freak show. Liz dutifully walked past and as we got into the lift she said

“What the f**k are you looking at!?” It was like something from a film it was amazing, I looked at her with utter amazement, she was never one for confrontation and this was just brilliant.

“That was amazing.” The lift reached my floor she kissed me on the cheek and said.

“Don’t mention it.” I smiled and waved at her before taking a seat at my desk, I had just put my bags down when my boss called me over.  She is fairly old woman, we never actually found out her age she had had her 50th birthday for about eight or nine years now. She is rather scary to be honest, she is a cross between Cruella Deville, and Tilda Swinton with the style of the vogue editor (her dream job most probably.)

“Morning Hilda what can I do for you?” She put the paper down in front of me and just looked at me. I didn’t have a clue what to say, is she sacking me? I couldn’t tell I just knew that I had to defend myself. “Hilda look he was the one who asked me to dinner I slapped him after he did that, it wasn’t me his girlfriend lied or he lied to his girlfriend I have no idea but it wasn’t my fault.” I think she could tell that it had been a rough week.

“You do realise that this is going to reflect badly on us as a reputable publication.” Great and I’m going to lose my job brilliant, my life was going down the shitter and it was all f*****g Tom and Nina’s fault! I love my job and I’m bloody good at it I am not going to leave without a fight.

“Yes I do Hilda but you have to understand it wasn’t my fault if it was I would happily admit it but I am sick of being accused of things that are not true.”

“That is fair enough but your guilt is not of my concern this magazine is.”

“I am the only stylist who can do the job please Hilda and Tom said he was going to set things right today so it will be over.” She raised her eyebrows and rolled her eyes damn it if I get sacked that’s it I won’t be able to be a stylist again I will be finished.

“That may be but that is what taking someone new on is for my dear.” This is it I can’t change her mind can I. My career over because of a photograph.

“I will go and clear my desk then.” I say as I turn around to walk out of her office.

“No dear you have your job, but your side as you have eloquently put it has not been put across and we need a dating column you now have two columns to write.” I was stunned I couldn’t believe it a promotion she could see I was gob smacked. “The magazine is turning into a monthly thing so you have two weeks for each column and of course you will get a raise, so get started.” She said shooing me out of her office. Everyone who was in the office was just as stunned as me; they all thought I was a goner.  I started on my dating column first not wanting to look though fashion pictures of Nina.  At lunch Liz and Stan ran into the fashion department and hugged me.

“We heard about your promotion! It’s amazing.” Squealed Liz

“Well done Lou Lou Belle.” Said Stan smiling down at me

“Thanks guys, I really thought she was going to sack me but because I have a dramatic dating life makes me perfect for the new column apparently.” I said smiling at them.

“Well I don’t think anyone else has had their dating life on the news or the paper.” Said Stan teasing me, I playfully poke him to get him to stop teasing.

“Oh I almost forgot I have todays paper I have no idea if Tom is in it or not.” Said Liz handing me the paper. We franticly look through it for any sign of him setting things right and sure enough there was, a big headline that said ‘It’s me to blame!’  

“At least he did what he promised.” I said thankfully, glad that he wasn’t all bad. Lunch and the rest of the day went by without anything major happening the little sly digs of how horrible it would be for their lives to be public and things like that, but I didn’t care I had a promotion! Nothing could dampen my spirits Tom had set things right and I was getting paid more, to be honest this was one of the best days in weeks. I managed to get home early for once which was a nice thing, I stopped off to get food on the way back. (I was cooking for Stan and Liz seeing as they have helped so much during this crisis!) When I got home there were two messages on my machine. Oh god it’s probably mum, I put the shopping down and pressed play, the first one was Tom.

“Hey it’s me everything should be sorted now, I am so so sorry getting you mixed up in this can I do anything to make it up to you? Anyway call me.” You had to give him credit for being so persistent and he did owe me, maybe I will call him I will think about it. The next one was from someone I would never have expected to call me Darren!

“Hi it’s Darren I just wanted to say sorry about yesterday, I know you heard and it wasn’t right of me to say that. I know you have been going through a rough time at the moment, anyway just call me back please I need to talk.” I just stood there fuming it wasn’t right of course it wasn’t f*****g right the arsehole! I will ring him tomorrow he can f*****g wait.



© 2012 zoerunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
Added on July 10, 2012
Last Updated on July 10, 2012
Tags: Love, Romance, Single, Fiction, Young adult, Men, Dating


Author

zoerunning
zoerunning

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I am new to all this so would greatly appreciate knowing what everyone thinks if its good or bad :) thanks more..

Writing
Bad breakup Bad breakup

A Chapter by zoerunning