Back to reality

Back to reality

A Chapter by zoerunning
"

The Trauma of the party now over its back to reality when work needs to begin but will a meeting with a very handsome rugby player change her plans to change her life for the better ?

"
The New years eve party now over along with the Christmas holidays, it was time for everyone to go back to normal boring daily lives. With my list of new years resolutions in my hand, i set off for work. Walking towards the London underground, i read the list of resolutions that i will abide by for the rest of the year. 
1) Diet (a must!) i groan as i read the first one. I know its something that i have to do, but i know how difficult it is going to be. Then i think of how much better i would feel about myself, and my new life that i have now.
2) Don't waste time on people who don't/won't give a s**t about you. Easier said than done when it comes to guys, i'm a gullible wreck, but not this time.I am going to make sure i never do that again, been there done that got the t-shirt. 
3) Just live life and do what makes you happy. Now that one i'm looking forward to, i know abiding by these all year is going to be difficult, but i can at least try what is the worst that could happen ? This year i plan to stick to these 3 seemingly simple resolutions, and i will be one happy girl  i can tell you. I then glance down at the time on my phone "s**t" i was supposed to be at work 10 minuets ago. I love my job don't get me wrong but the break for Christmas was defiantly needed. I finally get to the studio 15 minutes late, with half of the Ireland rugby to style for this weeks sport issue. As the country is going mad with sport because of the Olympics this summer. I burst in after running about 5 minutes from the underground, the French photographer Luke shouting profanities at me for being late I apologise and get straight  to work. I walk over to the group of players who were waiting to be told what to wear. I apologise for my lateness and start picking out clothes. I hand over the first players outfit. 
"Thank you." He says smiling at me he does have the most beautiful accent (i'm a bit of a sucker for that). 
"Don't worry about it it's my job." I say smiling at him, the other players look at each other and then at me. Momentarily i'm lost to what they could mean, and then i get it. The little conversation  with their team mate. He looks at me all embarrassed by his team mates reactions,  and says. "Don't worry about them there just acting like children." 
"It's fine don't worry about it." I say putting on my best smile and trying not to look too interested in his beautiful face, Which was very difficult i must say. I eventually finished getting them all ready and looking fabulous, and  I decide to stay and see how the photos turned out. By the looks of them they are all naturals, I didn't do a bad job myself either they all looked pretty damn good. I then wait for the team to be done with the clothing, and go to put them back on the rack. When the guy I spoke to earlier comes over, to speak to me. I  confess I am a little shocked, he has no reason to talk to me now, and in my experience no one really talks to the stylist. They just take and give back the clothes when asked. 
"Thanks for doing a good job today your good at what you do." He said smiling shyly at me.
"Don't mention it its my job, you didn't do too bad yourself, your a bunch of photogenic guys." I say smiling back. 
"Thanks well if you ever want to do anything sometime, just give us a ring or text or whatever." He said handing me his number written on one of the complimentary napkins, you get with coffee.
"Of course sure thing." I say looking down at it questioning its existence, when my friend Liz the sport editor of the magazine comes over to interview them. 
"Not holding them up are we?" she says teasingly.
"Of course not I would never do such a thing, they are all yours." I say smiling gesturing towards the very attractive man I  had just been speaking to.
"Good well I will see you at home later then." She said waving at me walking towards the rest of the team. I then quickly get to work on putting the rest of the clothing on the van to go back to the office. I cant take my mind of off the number that is in my back pocket, deciding what to do with it is more difficult than I had anticipated. Then I think. I always take the safe option just in case I get hurt, but this year I should live a little. Love is about taking risks anyway, and I have never taken a risk when it comes to guys. I never want to get hurt, or waste my time on a looser who doesn't actually give a damn. So I always leave it to them to do all the asking, this time I will. All of a sudden I'm giddy with excitement at the prospect of what could happen with the rugby player. This happy daydream lasts until I get to the tube, then I think of what happens if he turns me down, if it doesn't work. I suddenly am in momentary panic, I know I cant do it. Who was I kidding that I could ask out a member of the Irish rugby team? I've never asked anyone out in my life. The giddy excitement now totally gone. By the time its my stop my happy mood is now turned into one of self loathing and annoyance. I trudge home in the cold rain to start dinner for me and Liz, wishing that I was still in that daydream haze of happiness. Planning what me and the new Irish rugby team member, could do on our imaginary date. When In walks Liz, happy and smiling as she normally is.I then think to myself I want to be happy, and going on a date with the very attractive Irishman would make me happy. All of a sudden Liz is standing behind me.
"Soooo I hear you got the number of a certain very attractive Irish rugby player." She says teasing me. I couldn't help but laugh. 
"Yes I did as a matter of fact." I say smiling at the thought of the fact I actually got a cute guys number. 
"What you going to do with it then ? you going to ask him out?" she says nudging me in the side. I think for a moment before replying. " I want to but I'm not quite sure how to I haven't asked anyone out before, and I certainly haven't asked anyone as cute as him out." Liz laughs at my silliness and promises to help, which is something I could defiantly do with. We end up having a nice night in with a bottle (or 3) of wine. talking about what I'm going to do with the number acquired earlier. We then both end up crashing on the sofa at about 4 in the morning. From what I can remember of our conversation that night, she made me feel a lot better about the whole thing. 


© 2012 zoerunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So now the potential of a showdown is in place. I like the way you are building the storyline.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

T'was a fabtastic chapter babes!! Irish rugby player huh? Soooo you :P and this Liz character seems pretty damn fantastic - it is she based on anyone in particular? :P Keep it up babe - it's gonna be great xx

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2012
Last Updated on May 31, 2012
Tags: romance, luck, single, fiction, young adult, dating, men


Author

zoerunning
zoerunning

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I am new to all this so would greatly appreciate knowing what everyone thinks if its good or bad :) thanks more..

Writing
Bad breakup Bad breakup

A Chapter by zoerunning