Terrible phone  call

Terrible phone call

A Chapter by zoerunning
"

She has finally made the call to Tom, but will it be what she expected? is it just going to be another let down that she is all to used to experiencing or will she be happy beyond the belief

"

Panicking slightly I sat on my bed, waiting for Tom to pick up the other end of the ringing phone. Desperately wanting him to pick up his mobile and say hi. I suddenly realise that I have no idea what to say to him if he does pick up the phone, my mind is a complete blank panic overwhelms me but then. The phone then went to answer phone. I am spared the awkward I have no idea what to say conversation, maybe he will see that he has a missed call and ring back? It’s a possibility right? I then think of what Liz said earlier and it made me realise, that not ringing him again just to make sure would be a little cowardly. So I sit there take a deep breath and dial the number again, please pick up, please pick up. Then the phone is picked up, my heart racing hoping it’s going to end well. But it’s not picked up by who I expect.

“Hey this is my sexy boyfriends phone he is a little busy right now maybe call later?”

I am utterly and totally dumbfounded he has a girlfriend! How could I be so stupid then I realise that I need to say something.

“Hi its Louise Robins, I was his stylist at the photo shoot earlier he asked me to call him about something, anyway thank you for your time.” I put the phone down and am in utter shock, what could he possibly have wanted from me? He has a girlfriend for crying out loud. Embarrassment overwhelms me, how could I have been so stupid of course he has a girlfriend. I sit there for a few minutes trying to compose myself and come to terms with my stupidity. I know it was a stupid thing to do but I decided to Google his girlfriend I know it is just going to make me feel worse because, she is probably amazingly pretty. What can I say I am one of those people who make things worse by looking up things like this I call myself an emotional cutter. What did I tell you I’m right Tom’s girlfriend ends up being a swim suit model for all the top fashion houses I recognised her immediately. She is really good at her job I use her catwalk shots loads in my column. Now I feel worse I can’t even hate her she has amazing talent and style and she isn’t a size 0 model who looks like a skeleton. It took her 4 years to get a modelling job; she is one of those models everyone normal looks up to because she is normal. My heart sinks you have rock bottom there is then 50 feet more of crap and then there is me.  I know he never promised anything, I guessed I was just a little over optimistic which is very unlike me. I have never really been over confident when it comes to the subject of guys. Just as I thought things couldn’t get any worse I got a phone call. Great I really don’t want to talk to anyone right now; I guess I could just say I’m busy. I pick up the phone and answer it without looking at who is calling.

“Hey” I say trying to sound happier than I really am

“Hey it’s Tom sorry about earlier with my girlfriend picking up the phone and all.”

“Don’t worry about it, just not what I was expecting that’s all.”

He gave a little laugh at the last comment.  “Anyway I just wondered if you wanted to go for a couple of drinks tomorrow or something. Sound cool?” I think for a moment wondering why he is asking me, when a sudden curiosity came over me what could he possibly want from me? He has a girlfriend, so out of curiosity I said.

“Sure why not just text me when and where.”  Congratulating myself over the casualness of my response, well to be honest now I know he has a girlfriend I don’t see the point of getting all exited now.

“Ok sure thing well I will speak to you soon.”  And he put the phone down. I sit there and wonder what he could possibly want from me. Liz knowing I have been a while knocks on my door.

“you ok Lou?” She says peering round my door, she sees my face knowing that something isn’t quite right she comes in and sits next to me. “What happened?”   I then proceeded to explain all that had happened she didn’t know he had a girlfriend either and she knows a lot about sports people.

“I can’t believe he has still asked you out even after you found out he was taken what an arse.”  I naturally agreed that the man was a bit of an arse.

“I am just really embarrassed that I thought it was something else, god I bet him and his girlfriend are having a right laugh at me right now.” I say in a rather upset tone, I know stuff like this gets to me, but I feel like I annoy people with it of late so right now I’m trying to keep it on the down low about how upset I am.

“Don’t be embarrassed I would have thought the same in your situation.” Liz always knows what to say when I’m upset and I do feel slightly better. The only reason I am going to meet him is so I can find out what he wants. My damn curiosity has got the better of me, normally I would have said no you can take a run and jump, but this one has me curious. I can’t stand not knowing what someone wants from me. Liz came up with the plan that I should make myself look drop dead gorgeous just to show him what he is missing, I won’t lie I am not going to turn down looking good am I ? I am not that stupid. So with a bottle of Rosé, some junk food, music blaring, and me and Liz singing very badly, we decided what I should wear when I see Tom again. We decided on a nice pretty black number that I got from a fashion show last season at around Christmas time, I haven’t worn it yet so now is as good a time as any to debut it. I won’t lie I do feel a bit better, yes I am still hugely embarrassed about my assumption. Then I think about what other girls would do if that happened to them would they think that they would possibly get a date out of it to? The thought that I might not be the only one who would have thought that makes me feel loads better. I just have to be able to compose myself when I see him next; it is not going to be a fun experience. At least I will find out once and for all what he wants from me, the curiosity and the suspense is killing me. I just need to wait for a text from him now aren’t I; suddenly I wondered what he will say to his girlfriend. “Oh honey I’m just off to see a couple of the boy’s won’t be long.” I will never find out will I. 



© 2012 zoerunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter. Getting to see the flaws of the main character. Excellent story so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 6, 2012
Last Updated on June 6, 2012
Tags: love, romance, dating, fiction, single, heartbreak, men


Author

zoerunning
zoerunning

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I am new to all this so would greatly appreciate knowing what everyone thinks if its good or bad :) thanks more..

Writing
Bad breakup Bad breakup

A Chapter by zoerunning