And it got worse

And it got worse

A Chapter by zoerunning
"

After the kiss from Tom, and the multiple apologies, who thought it could get any worse?

"

It took me a long time to get to sleep that night. I tried to stop thinking about what happened earlier but no matter how hard I tried I was always taken back to that moment when he kissed me, and the immense feeling of confusion. Then a new emotion welled over me, I didn’t want this far from it I wanted to hate him, well I did but not for the reason I should. I now hate him for making me like him. He took me out for dinner and apologised repeatedly for kissing me. No I thought I will not let him get the better of me, Suddenly I found myself listing all the reasons to never talk to him again in my head. Soon the warm feeling of liking someone left and soon fell asleep. Not even in my sleep did I escape the events of earlier that night. In my dream his girlfriend saw him kiss me and suddenly I couldn’t help thinking about how she would feel if she knew, and how hurt she would be, how I would be partly to blame for breaking someone up. I don’t think I would be able to live with myself if that happened. The thought that stopped me from going into a possible mental breakdown was that it wasn’t my fault, I didn’t ask for him to kiss me did I? Finally at about half three or four in the morning (wasn’t really paying attention) I fell asleep. I didn’t realise what the time was when I woke up, but I was woken up by a shriek in the kitchen. I don’t think I have ever got out of bed as fast as I did that morning. I got up so fast I almost tripped over a pile of clothes on my bedroom floor, causing me to swear along with doing the obligatory stubbed toe dance around the room. Soon enough I had recovered enough, to open the door and see what had caused such a shriek from Liz. I soon found her sitting at the table eating breakfast staring at the day’s paper with a stunned look on her fac. It must be something big to get  this reaction from her especially at this time in the morning ( I found out that I was half eight).

“Liz what is going on, what has happened I heard you shriek.” She looked at me briefly before quickly replying.

“Oh nothing much I just read something wrong that’s all sorry if I woke you.” She then closed the paper and put it under the fruit bowl, something was in that paper she didn’t want me to see but I couldn’t think of what it could possibly be? It was the sport section for Christ sake.

“It’s fine don’t worry about it I should probably get into work early anyway there Is a catwalk show this afternoon I need to go to.” I was determined to find out what she didn’t want me to see in that paper, but by the time I had got ready and left the house I had totally forgot about it. My mind was on how to avoid seeing Tom again and the show later on. About 20 minutes later I got to the office Liz asked me to pick up something from her desk so I made my way to the sport department. As soon as I walked through the doors, a fair few people where staring at me as if to say they know something about me. At that point I thought it was because I was an outsider I’ve never really been into that department. Until my friend Stan the fitness editor put a copy of the days paper in front of me opened at the page Liz had been so keen to keep me from seeing earlier. I could not believe what I was seeing how the hell that could be in the paper! I turned to look at him he could tell how shocked I was. There in front of me, staring at me letting the whole world know I had done wrong was a 6” x 7” photo of Tom kissing me outside the restaurant last night.

“Someone has been a naughty girl Lou Lou Belle.” He said smiling.

“S**t! F**k, Bollocks I didn’t do anything ok I was going home and he grabbed me I was caught off guard.” I looked at him praying that he would believe me. Despite the fact that it was the actual truth so in hindsight I had no reason to worry too much.

“Still doesn’t look good does it, what did he want anyway.” I sighed and shook my head.

“I know it doesn’t he only wanted me to be his stylist for god sake, I went out of curiosity I wanted to know what he wanted. I can’t believe I didn’t notice anyone with a camera.” Stan laughed “This isn’t funny Stan it’s really bad I mean really really bad, what if I have broken up a relationship.”

“Like you said it’s more his fault than yours you didn’t ask to be kissed by him.” He then hugged me and looked me in the eye and said. “Don’t worry it will be ok if I am totally honest he probably deserves this.”  I look up at him slightly happier, he was right I had just had a very lucky escape and I should be thankful for it.

“Thank you Stan.” I say smiling up at him I pick up the match results Liz wanted, hugging him before I left for the fashion show.

“Don’t worry Lou Lou Belle, Stan will fix it” He said as I left the sports department. I blew him a kiss and mouthed thank you before walking down the stairs to go to the show. I had to ring Liz she will know what to do, I thought as I was walking to the tube to go to my next location. “Liz I saw it.”

She replied immediately almost shrieking down the end of the phone. “I am so sorry, it’s awful isn’t I want to gouge his eyes out with my heels!” She always knew how to cheer me up.

“That would be good but what am I going to do!? The whole country now knows I played tonsil tennis with a taken international Rugby player!”  At this point all rationality had left the window all I could think of was preserving my reputation. ( What I had left anyway)

“Now calm down breathe, just ignore it like you said last night you didn’t want it to happen, it will blow over soon enough trust me anyways sorry I’ve got to go I will talk to you later.” I tried to calm myself down and just get through the rest of the day without having a mental breakdown. which as the day went on became more and more difficult. I barely paid attention to the show in the afternoon all I could think about was meeting up with Tom later in Hyde Park to give him a piece of my mind.  



© 2012 zoerunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
Added on June 14, 2012
Last Updated on June 14, 2012
Tags: Love, Romance, Dating, Fiction, Single, Men


Author

zoerunning
zoerunning

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I am new to all this so would greatly appreciate knowing what everyone thinks if its good or bad :) thanks more..

Writing
Bad breakup Bad breakup

A Chapter by zoerunning