Smelling of Roses

Smelling of Roses

A Chapter by zoerunning
"

Lou is going to meet up with Tom for an explanation what will it be? or will she get one at all.

"

I returned home dreading having to meet Tom in Hyde Park at least the day couldn’t get any worse? I had figured it all out I will go and see him and once and for all get the truth. I wasn’t going to make an effort so I just threw on some clothes; I have no reason to make an effort for him. I was just picking up my bag when Liz walked in.

“Hey good luck Lou I’m sure you will be fine you had a lucky escape and now you give him all you’ve got.” She said hugging me.

“Thanks Liz your right I know I will be ok lucky I don’t have feelings for him.” I say smiling up at her, I knew it was a bit of a lie but I couldn’t help myself, I know it’s bad but it is true I am going to give him a piece of my mind and nothing more. So it doesn’t really matter. I can get over it, I am used to having to do that so doing it now isn’t going to be an issue.

“Very true anyway I hope the scumbag gets dumped I have no idea who she is but his girlfriend deserves better.” I know she is trying to make me feel better but he hasn’t really done anything wrong to me, morally he is wrong yes and god I wish he hadn’t kissed me but he did and that’s that I need to go and see him and see what the hell is going on.

“I have no idea what will happen but I will keep you informed.” I said hugging her before I went to leave. All day I had the perfect things to say in my head, but as I got into the taxi they just went and vanished leaving my mind totally blank. In about 15 minutes I was in Hyde Park waiting at the designated place he had said and no Tom. Great so he won’t even give me an explanation of why he publicly turned me into a relationship wrecker!  Anger washed over me like a tidal wave, how could I let him get to me like this by that time I had been waiting for 20 minutes no wonder I was angry.  Just as it hit the half an hour mark I had had enough and was just about to go home when he came running towards me down the path.

“I am so so sorry I’m late training ran over I tried to leave but the coach wouldn’t let me.” Then from behind his back he produced a bunch of flowers and handed it to me with that cheeky grin of his. No I thought I need to be angry at you, you can’t be nice now!

“Thank you.” I said as I take the flowers off of him. “Why did you ask me here Tom?”  I say not wanting to beat around the bush.

“I wanted to say sorry I know I caught you off guard and everything I just couldn’t help myself.” I look at him in disbelief.

“You couldn’t help yourself?”

“I don’t mean it like that, your beautiful, do an amazing job and you are lovely how can any guy resist?”

“Quite easily they have morals they don’t cheat on their girlfriend! I’m nothing amazing Tom, I don’t look like some amazing model or celebrity I am just me and practically everyone else  has stayed away from me all to easily so why can’t you!”

“I don’t want a model or a celebrity I want someone like you who doesn’t care what other people think and just do their own thing. Models and Celebs are ok for a while but they are boring as hell well most of them I’ve met they are so high maintenance that you never get to mess around and be silly, play fight joke around and that’s what I want.”

“if that’s the case then why are you dating a model then?”

“Because I was stupid and young when I first went out with her and I’ve never met anyone else who could come close to what I really want until I met you.”  I was in utter shock does he think I will believe this bullshit?

“That is a load of s**t do you really think I am stupid enough to believe that crap coming out of your mouth, I have heard stuff like this to many times Tom and I’m not falling for it now.” I say as I walk away I can’t believe this bull, and I am determined that I won’t. Like I said I have heard it all before and I have been let down by every single one of them and you know what for once in my life I won’t believe it, that is it I won’t let him get to me, I won’t give him the satisfaction. I can hear him shouting after me to wait but I just couldn’t I started running. After about 5 minutes I stopped, I had to talk to someone Liz was out with Robert (her boyfriend) along with a couple of our other close friends Lilly and Oliver and Sam and Mick. They only one I could think have was Stan. I rang his number pleading for him to pick up, come on come on.

“Hey!” Said Stan in his normal cheery voice, at that moment I broke down it just all got on top of me. “Whats wrong Lou Lou Belle? What happened?”

“Sorry Tom just met me with flowers and started talking out of his arse saying how I was the type of girl he was waiting for blab la bla.”

“Then why are you upset don’t you like him?”

“It’s not that he is taken Stan I can believe that s**t he was saying it’s me since when have things turned out right.”

“Just because your unlucky doesn’t mean it will fail now you know what come round mine il cook us some pasta and have a bottle or 2 of wine and you can tell me all about it sound good?”

“Yeah thanks Stan I don’t know what I would do without you I will be there as quick as I can sorry I look a state though.”

“Don’t worry about I’ve just got back from the gym I don’t exactly smell of roses.”  I laughed “see made you laugh.”

“Thanks Stan” He always knows how to cheer me up, suddenly there is a huge smile on my face, I hail a cab and give the driver Stan’s address  and within 10 minutes I was on his front step.



© 2012 zoerunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
Added on June 16, 2012
Last Updated on June 16, 2012
Tags: Love, Romance, Single, Fiction, Young adult, Men, Dating


Author

zoerunning
zoerunning

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I am new to all this so would greatly appreciate knowing what everyone thinks if its good or bad :) thanks more..

Writing
Bad breakup Bad breakup

A Chapter by zoerunning