Stan to the rescue

Stan to the rescue

A Chapter by zoerunning
"

After the meeting/ argument in Hyde park who is left to turn to but Stan who yet again saves the day

"

I knock on Stan’s door; I stand there waiting for a reply. Seeing as he was taking the time I gratefully now have time to take in what had happened in the park with Tom. I know I probably over reacted but it got to me. I don’t think I can take being used and just thrown away like an old shoe again, I just don’t think I can take it. I know that what has happened hasn’t been anyone’s fault, it’s just how things have happened, and I’m not looking to blame anyone. I just can’t help but think that some parts of my life would have been easier, if there was a decent loving partner to go through life with. Thinking about this depressing area of my life I lost all concept of time, and I turn around to ring the doorbell again, and almost did until I realised that Stan was standing there smiling at me. “What are you doing there Lou Lou Belle?”  I look at him nudge him in the arm and say.

“Nothing I’m just daydreaming.”  He raises his eyebrows as if he doesn’t believe my response before saying.

“Come on in explain everything what happened?”  I look up at him with an exasperated expression, the whole situation just baffles me.  As I walk into his house he whispers “you don’t look that bad Lou Lou Belle.”  

“Shut up.” I say smiling at him. “Is dinner ready? I’m starving.”  He shows me into the kitchen where the table is laid with flowers and candle on the table. “Well you’ve gone all out, here haven’t you … Oh s**t you had a date tonight didn’t you I will go.” I turn and start walking towards the front door. Stan runs after me gets my arm and turns me round.

“Hold your horses Lou Lou Belle I made dinner for us; don’t worry about it I re-arranged if she likes me she won’t mind too much, I said it was a family emergency.”  Guilt washes over me and I can’t believe it how could I be so selfish I don’t think I have ever felt so bad in my life. He means so much to me I don’t know what I would do without him, and I could have ruined his happiness the thought that almost makes me break down.

“Are you sure? I can easily go.” He hugs me tightly and says.

“Of course I am I wouldn’t have invited you otherwise you daft cow.” He said smiling down at me; he takes my hand and leads me back to the kitchen where dinner is almost ready. “Now sit yourself down and a lovely dinner is waiting.” He says acting like some sort of butler. He really is one of the kindest people I know.

“Thanks Stan this means a lot I know I’ve kind of messed things up but I honestly didn’t mean to.”

He looked at me as if to say what the hell you talking about and said.

“You haven’t messed anything up you would have done the same for me, so I am doing it for you.” He said smiling putting down a huge plate of the most beautiful smelling seafood pasta, and pours me a rather large glass of wine.

“This looks amazing.” I say digging in I dare say I looked awful but at that moment I didn’t care he is only a friend after all.

“Why thank you.” He said eating daintily and giving me one of his cheeky grins (He really should be allowed to do those.)

During the meal we had both totally forgotten about Hyde Park and why I was round his in the first place,and where just talking about random stuff. When he remembered and said.

“You can’t put it off any longer what did he say to you?” I look down into my almost empty glass of wine and held it out to which he dutifully filled it up.

“He said he was sorry and that I was the person he had been waiting for. Such a f*****g cliché can’t believe he thought I was stupid enough to believe his bullshit, how old does he think I am 12? That’s the type of stuff you fall for in Uni not now.”  He considered what I had said for a moment before replying and said.

“What if he was telling the truth? What if you had been what he has wanted all along?” I look at him confused does he think he’s telling the truth?

“You think the scumbag is telling the truth?”

“Possibly … he might not be but what’s to say he is lying? Nothing maybe talk to him and see what he has to say, you haven’t given him much chance to explain have you.” He was right I hadn’t given him time to explain at all. I just shot him down and run away like a scared child. Could I have been too hard on him? Could I have been doing this simply because I didn’t want to believe that he was telling the truth, because that would mean opening myself to be hurt again? All of these thoughts were suddenly rushing though my head and I didn’t know what to do.

“Then what am I supposed to do? The guy has a girlfriend.”  He thinks for a moment not wanting to get it wrong.

“Ok assuming you like this guy right?” I nod and he continues. “I know things have been s**t and you really haven’t had any luck in the guy department at all, but as difficult as it maybe you’re just going to have to role with it. Let your wall down who knows what will happen but you don’t want to think what if years down the line do you? So role with it if nothing happens with this guy, you will just be how you are now no different so it’s not as scary as you think.” He said hugging me.

“But.” He stops me and looks sternly at me.

“No buts Lou Lou Belle if everyone else can do it so can you I can help.”  He says smiling.

“Really? You would do that.” He laughs 

“Of course I would do that you silly cow.” We spent the rest of the night chatting and drinking. We ended up getting through 3 bottles of wine before we both crashed out  in a drunk comatose state on the sofa, at god knows what time in the morning. I knew doing what was necessary for my future happiness was going to be hard but I took solace in the fact Stan was there to help me, yet again he saves the day just as he always does.



© 2012 zoerunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

397 Views
Added on July 4, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012
Tags: Men, Dating, Fiction, Romance, Love, Single


Author

zoerunning
zoerunning

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I am new to all this so would greatly appreciate knowing what everyone thinks if its good or bad :) thanks more..

Writing
Bad breakup Bad breakup

A Chapter by zoerunning