Love's Last Kiss

Love's Last Kiss

A Story by Eli Blayze
"

This was an assignment for English class last year. We were reading the novel 1984, We had to predict what we would think would happen if Winston and Julia met afterwards.

"

1

(Name Withheld)

Mrs. Chappell

English 2

10 November 2010

Love’s Last Kiss

I, feeling especially alive, walked into the small café. The smell of tea overwhelmed me. Spotting an empty table, I sat down. A young waitress placed a cup in front of me and filled it with victory gin. I picked it up. My hands were wrapped tightly around it. My eyes, locked on the bottom of the cup, gazed down into the repulsive liquid, perhaps searching for an answer to a question unknown to me. I took a gulp of it and cringed. The taste will never get better, I thought to myself. I reached for a newspaper on the table behind me. The main story still, is of how Big Brother is just an image. I flipped through, trying to find something, but nothing caught my attention.

“I’ll take a coffee,” a familiar, yet distant, voice said lightly. My head whipped up.

“Julia!” I gasped. She looked right at me. I saw a quick flicker of emotion in her eyes, then it was gone. She was looking rather beautiful. Her dark hair, still lovely as ever. She walked over and sat down across from me.

“Hello dear,” her voice was warm and calming, “it’s been awhile.”

I took another sip of my victory gin, “Yes, A lot has changed since that day,” to much has changed since that day. Some things are better left as memories I suppose.

Softly Julia said, “You knew it, you said it would happen. The proles took flight,

2

they revolted.” She was very right. I had known it, I had said it. I was at a loss of words. Some memories don’t stay memories, I proclaimed to myself. “You look fit dear,” she took a sip of coffee and smiled politely.

“As you do also Julia,” I said as I laid my hand upon hers.

“Did you deceive me?!” she blurted out quickly, and then put her head down shamefully.

I looked at her. Sadness filled her eyes. “I had to, just as you had to deceive me,” calmly, I lifted her head up, “we had to.”

“I’m sorry,” whispered Julia as she got up and quickly ran out. I paid the waitress for both of our beverages and ran out after her.

Softly and calmly as possible I spoke to her, “Now, everything is okay Julia dear.” I stood looking at her. She kept her head down for a moment that seemed to last minutes. Finally, she picked her head up and wiped away a few tears.

“I am not sure it would be good for us to continue talking Winston,” she said taking my hand into hers. She held it very tight, and looked cautiously at me.

I thought for a moment, a very long moment. People passed by us, quickly looking away when they realized nothing was wrong. If only they knew, everything was wrong. If this is truly what she wants. “Okay,” I paused holding back a tear, “then, one last time, for old time’s sake.” I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close to me. I could feel her tense up momentarily, and then relax. She still smelled as sweet.

“For old time’s sake dear,” Julia wrapped her arms around me. We stood gazing into one another’s eyes. Ever so gently, I kissed her. Our lips met with such infatuation. A

3

feeling of long lost passion swept over me. I felt it, it effected me like nothing ever has before, but did she? I wondered. She kept hold of me, and continued to kiss me. I was overcome by a sense of helplessness. I shouldn’t pull her into something she doesn’t want. I want it though, but that’s not good enough. I deeply respected her, and every choice she made. Even if I am not apart of that choice. She left go of me and backed up slightly, still locking eyes with me, I could see a sorrow deep in hers, a pain, something down deep, unreachable.

“I ought to go now Winston Smith, goodbye,” she turned away, “maybe we’ll meet

again.” She walked away. I watched her, even thought about following her for a small distance, just to say how I truly felt. I couldn’t, something deep inside of me kept me from following her. Perhaps it was for the best. She turned back to look at me one last time. I knew then, she felt what I felt during our final kiss, and in fact it may not be our final kiss, Julia my love.

© 2011 Eli Blayze


Author's Note

Eli Blayze
The numbers are the pages. I copied and pasted from a word file. I really had a good time writing this. Enjoy. c:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow...it's just brilliant...Wow again.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Added on July 7, 2011
Last Updated on July 7, 2011

Author

Eli Blayze
Eli Blayze

Pittsburgh , PA



About
Hey there! Thank you for stopping by! I am just an unknown aspiring author who. Barely gets time to write anymore. I used to post on this site in high school. It’s crazy to look back and bar.. more..

Writing
Moments Moments

A Story by Eli Blayze


Schizo Schizo

A Story by Eli Blayze