What's the Meaning of Life?

What's the Meaning of Life?

A Story by Dark Angel
"

The questions and doubts everyone has at one period in their life.

"

Many people wonder why we are on this Earth. To be honest, no one really knows; we only think we know. Religion... Now that's a hot topic. A god who looks after us... Hmmm, not much into believing that one. Maybe there is a higher power, maybe there is an Almighty God, but what if there isn't? What if the next place we go is to another world, another dimension? Instead of to the Eternal Life? What if all religion is just a hoax? A way for people to not fear death? What if the god everyone thinks of isn't as merciful as we are made to believe? A lot of questions, huh? Maybe, but they are legitimate  questions every one of us thinks of. Most religious people say it's doubt, but what's faith without a little bit of doubt?

Maybe, the reason we are here is because it's a plan... Yes, a plan, similar to what the holy books say. The Almighty God is also All Knowing.  Maybe. But then why would He even bother making anymore of us? He already knows who's going to Hell and who's going to Heaven. So why watch us suffer? Because He's a sadistic b*****d? Maybe, but I think He's not all knowing and he doesn't know who's going to Heaven and who's going to Hell. Because if He does know, and He knows all the pain and suffering we're going to go through, I will hate His royal guts. If He knows where we will go, do, and say before we do it, why have us go through all of this anyway? Because He likes to see his "children" in pain? Because He's an egotistical a*s who wants people to worship Him? If life were to end, so would God, right? Maybe, maybe not.

The thing is, no one knows why we are here. No one knows the meaning of life but to live it. That's the sad cold truth. No one knows for certain there's an after life or even an after death. We could just be a cycle going around and around and around with no end and no beginning.  Maybe that's why people want to believe in a god and an after life. It would be depressing to think that nothing comes after all this. But that's where everything comes back to the question: what's the meaning of life?  Hmmm, another never ending cycle.

© 2011 Dark Angel


Author's Note

Dark Angel
What are your views?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

In the old Testament. God took out complete cities. Wars and whole population have been wipe out for their belief and faith. Your question is a question most of us ask. What is the reason and purpose of life? I like your ending. Some of the sci-fic movies are coming true. Mad Max could live in Africa today and survive. Nuclear plant are hot and can take out 1/4 a country. I try to live one day at a time. I hope for the best. I hope my destiny isn't like my Native American Buffalo. Be a memory on a painting. A outstanding poem. These are my favorite types of poetry. Open the door to thoughts and possibilities.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011

Author

Dark Angel
Dark Angel

Invisible, FL



About
Time to do another biography. I'm now 25 years old with a wonderful son. I still love writing but it has been a long time since I've had the ability, muse, and time of day to write lol. Between helpin.. more..

Writing