Random Things About Me

Random Things About Me

A Story by ♋ Iris ♋
"

Random stories of mine. Random memories. Random quirks of mine. Just random everywhere. Kinda like "if you really knew me"

"
Lets start really random:
When I was about nine, I was one of those kids that got in everyone's hair. I wouldn't leave you alone until you gave me something to do. It was about the beginning of October and my grandma wanted my older sister and I to help clean her house and put up Halloween decorations. 
I couldn't do much, being nine, but I thought I could. "I have an extremely important job for you." Grandma told me as she handed me a full bottle of Windex. I looked at it and asked what I was supposed to do with it. She led me over to the front door. "We have window stickers this year so you need to clean the glass with this." I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Window stickers? Awesomeness!
Lets just say three hours later I was sitting in front of the door with two thirds of the Windex gone and a very sparkling glass door. So now, every time I smell Windex, I think of Halloween.
~~~~
I used to live in a trailer park that was literally down in a ditch. A small hill led up to the highway. There was a pond in the middle of the lots. Geese loved the small 'island' in the middle of it. 
An older couple lived about ten trailers down from mine. Steve and Sandy were their names. Steve was really nice to me. I was a tomboy that grew up in a girly family and was the only adult male that I trusted at age twelve. He could almost have been seen as a grandfather figure.
He would take me fishing in the pond with his professional fishing poles. I remember one time he had to go back to his tailer to get the phone. I tried to put bait on the hook and I accidentally dropped the worm into the water. Something snatched it quickly. I tilted my head and watched several things squirming in the water.
I quickly grabbed the bucket we were using to hold the caught fish (we just started so we haven't caught anything yet). I threw another worm in and waited for the snatch. I threw the bucket in and pulled it up. Imagine my surprise when I caught a catfish...with a bucket.
~~~~
My grandma tells me stories about our family's history and as it turns out we have a massacre named after our family. XP  
Anyway she told me about one of our family members had been shot by his best friend and killed. She had gotten busy after that and failed to tell me the rest of the story. This left me wondering about what happened.
I have a great imagination if you haven't noticed. I thought about the situation as to why one of our family would have been shot by his best friend. I though maybe there was some form of cheating between one of their girls. Or maybe that they got in a bar fight and settled it the way they did in the olden times; stand back to back, take ten steps, and draw.
Grandma failed to tell me that the two were hunting and the gun accidentally went off.
~~~~
While living in the trailer park, mom was working odd jobs where ever she could to provide for us. She was working third shift at the point and my older sister and I kept walking in and out. She really needed sleep so she told us to stay outside and don't come back in till four.
It was about two at the time so we had a few hours to kill. This was during the summer, mind you, and it was really hot. About a half an hour later, my older sister, Jamie, had gotten the bright idea that we are going to jump in the pond and cool off...
One, yes we cooled off quick. The water was freezing. Two we had to wait for another hour and a half to get back inside. Three, that water is freaking dirty. We had dried mud on our clothes when we went inside. Mom wasn't mad at us this time because it was really hot out.
~~~~
Grandma used to live next to a party center that you could rent out and host events. My birthday is in December and I had never really had a party like my older sister. Jamie's birthday is in May so she got an outside party. 
Its was my ninth birthday and mom said we were going to grandma's house to celebrate our birthdays together. (not an unusual thing since hers is the 3rd and mine the 7th). I was surprised when she turned into the parking lot for the center.
"What are we doing here?" Mom didn't say anything to me. She just led me inside and we walked into a party. Grandma's friends were there and family friends were there for me. Best surprise for a nine year old ever. 

~~~~
When I was younger, we used to own a camper that had a lot at a campground. Mom, Jamie, and I would go up there for weeks at a time during the summer just get away from my future younger sister's dad. 
A few yards away from our camper, there was a volleyball net set up. Mom LOVES volleyball. Even though I was only five at the time, mom was pushing me to play. Jamie was on the volleyball team at school and trying to teach me the rules. 
The first lesson was serving. She shown me how to line up my shot and how to hit it with my hand. She taught me how to hit it well but she didn't teach me how to aim...I threw the ball up in the air and hit the ball as hard as i could. I might have been young, but Jamie's lip was pretty swollen.
~~~~
The spring time always brought the geese back to the pond at the trailer park pond. I remember waking up at five in the morning and hearing them screeching at each other. Most of the time they got on my nerves but other times they were fine where they were.
One spring, the ducklings had just hatched from their eggs out on the island in the middle of the lake. They were all cute and fluffy. Jamie really liked them more than she should have. She was chasing after them one day, being the immature fourteen year old she was and became the chasee instead of the chaser. 
I was about ten at the time. Jamie was one of those kids that were scared of everything. She started freaking out and ran away while being chased by the parents. I remember running back at the parent geese and scaring them the other way away from Jamie.

~~~~
I was about five or six and this memory is pretty vivid. Mom was working second shift at a job and Jamie was staying the night at a friends house. It was about eight o'clock at night and my grandma was babysitting me. She was cleaning the house for my mom and I was sitting by myself playing with - of all things -  a nickel. 
This is where it gets fuzzy. I dont know how I managed to do it but I swallowed the nickel. Grandma got really scared but I said I was fine after crying for a few minutes. I fell asleep on the couch that night and mom came home. Apparently my face was really pale.
The next day I went to the doctor and there really wasn't anything that he could do. Nowadays mom always jokes with me and says that if I amount to nothing else in this life, she'll know that I am at least worth 5 cents.
~~~~
I was probably seven or eight at the time and one of my baby teeth were about to fall out. I had woken up one day and started playing with it. Mom scolded me and said it will come out when it was ready. I nodded as she put a plate of eggs down in front of me.
 I took the fork on the plate and continued to play with my tooth. Mom scolded me again and I started eating my breakfast. After my plate was clean, I went to go play with my tooth again. Apparently in the time of eating my breakfast, I had swallowed my tooth.
~~~~
I was about five or six at this time. Winter is my favorite season. I would always wear two pants under my snow pants and three sweatshirts under my puffy winter jacket. The snow pants and jacket were both black and I was a pudgy kid that got called the burnt marshmallow XDD
Anyway Jamie was about ten at this time and she had gotten into reading about weddings. She decided that a neighbor boy and I should get married, on top of the snow hill, with snow rings. Thats my first kiss there for ya.
~~~~
I have had heartburn for a few years now. I make a weird "frog noise" whenever I get hit hard from a sudden pain. Most everyone laughs at it and thats cool. Its funny, I laugh at it too, but it gives people who don't like me ammo. Meaning its something that gets thrown in my face by jerks. 
~~~~
At about twelve or thirteen, my grandma and I used to go strawberry picking with a friend of hers. Sometimes her grandson would come with us on these adventures of strawberry picking. His name was Cody. He was a year older than me. I used to have a kiddy-crush on him.
Well, I was getting out of the car to get out in the fields and my pants ripped. A HUGE rip right in the crotch of my pants. XD It was so embarrassing. I looked over at grandma and told her. She told me to hide it and get my little butt out there and get some berries. Funny thing is, Cody never even noticed. XD 
~~~~
Random fact # 1 : Something I just noticed is that most people call me Jess. Seeing as my name is actually Jessa. It doesn't bother me either way. 
~~~~
I hate the fact that I have a really, really slight lisp. I notice it mostly when I am introducing myself to someone and I say my name. It makes me think that others can hear it and think less of me even though my friends have barely even noticed it. I guess I blow it out of proportion.
~~~~
I remember when we first got a desktop computer. I'm not sure at what age I was but I remember having it set up in the area between the kitchen and the living room of the trailer. We couldn't use the computer and phone at the same time and mom would make long phone calls at one point and time to either get a job or talk to her mom.
My favorite memory of the computer was when Jamie was out of the house and mom and I were alone. She had a bunch of oldies music saved on the computer and we would blare the music and just dance. Dance, sing, cleans the house, make lunch or supper. 
Back then, my life revolved around music. I don't mean like it does now with listening to music whenever I can. My life revolved around music back then. Jamie was a big part of my life and she was in choir. She would sing to me new parts she learned to practice. Mom would sing while doing everything in the house. Back then, Chris, my stepdad, would blare his rock music and, to try to get closer to him for him to be more like my dad, I adapted to like some of his music.
My family was life back then. And my family loved music. Music, in that case turned out to be my life.
~~~~
Random fact # 2 : I am completely horrible with names. I get them mixed up a lot and, unless I really know you, I forget them completely. The bad thing is, I am really good with names from anime and t.v. shows that I like.
~~~~
I hate my mind a lot. I have recently been having nightmares that keep me awake at night. When I wake up, I am gripping onto my blanket with wet eyes and I can tell I've been making noise by how bad my throat hurts. 
I hate waking up from sleeping in general. Waking up like that makes everything worse.
~~~~
Random fact # 3 : I can't go a day without listening to music. I love all types of music. Instrumental, classical, rock, hiphop, country, techno. Almost anything.
~~~~
Back in the trailer park, there was a hill behind some of the houses that was perfect for sledding down. My older sister and few of the other kids were sledding one day. We always went down on the side closest to the house for on the other side of the hill there was pond.  (a different one from the island pond)
I was about to go down in the round, spinny sled and I started falling backwards. The sled went down the other side. There I go in my puffy snow clothes sliding across the pond making it to the middle. I ran off the pond leaving the sled in the middle. Jamie had to go back out there to get it. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
The back hill, as we called it, had a straight downward slope. Jamie looked over at the right side of the hill and noticed that there was a part of it that had a slight incline then descended again. Pretty much a double hill. 
I was the guinea pig, like always. Jamie pushed me down the hill. I jumped over the second hill and flew off the sled. Thank god I was wearing a puffy coat. I landed on my back and laughed. Jamie got pay back though. She tried it and ran into a poison oak tree. XDD
~~~~
The pond at the trailer park was curved around one end and led into marsh land on the other side. The marsh still had plenty of water that could possible freeze. Mom had told Jamie and I that we weren't allowed to go on the pond when it was frozen because it was deep if we did fall in. 
Needless to say we went to the marsh to go "skating". The ice would freeze around the random trees and we would swing around them. I was swinging around one and I let go and flew back into a tree. Jamie freaked out but, being me, I laughed.
~~~~
Another winter memory I have (one of my teachers had this exact same thing happen to her) is the time I wanted to prank Jamie. She had made me mad and I wanted to get back at her. She had gone to a different snow hill out of the three that were at the park.
I thought it would be funny to destroy the snow fort that we had made the day before and put my glove in the collapsed snow. Jamie came back and flipped her s**t because she thought that I was buried underneath there suffocating. I got in big trouble that day... XD 
~~~~
One day I was riding my bike around the oval in the trailer park and I came up on a few of my friends sitting on the rock wall (The things was a foot tall). They had a cooking pan in their hands and were eating out of it. It was crushed up Oreos with icing over it.
They offered me some and I took a bite. It wasn't Oreos. It was rocks with with butter and icing over them...
~~~~
Random fact #5 : I am a very forgiving person. I cannot hold a grudge against anyone unless they do something terrible to me or my friends. Hell, I helped a girl who dropped her books in the hallway about two weeks after she rammed my head into a locker.
~~~~
I was never really scared of thunder and lightening like I am now until later in life. When I was about six, Jamie was scared of thunder. I slept on the top bunk of our beds and she would always wake me up and make me sleep with her on the bottom bunk. She would always say that It was quieter under the top.
At age eight or so was when I really got scared of thunder. I would climb down and sleep with Jamie, who was now over her fear of storms. She never questioned it. We just slept together for a few years whenever there was a storm.
~~~~
This isnt really a specific time but just a general memory. The trailer we lived in could get really hot. Mom tried her best to keep us cool during the summer so Jamie and I would take a cool bath together. While we got out and got dressed, mom would go outside.
A huge tree was in the middle of the yard. A great shade tree. Mom would lay out a sheet that we didn't use often and put all of our books there. Jamie and I would stay outside and read for hours during the summer. Often times the ice cream man would come through and mom would give us a dollar. One of my favorite home summer memories. 
~~~~
Random fact # 6 : I have lived in three houses in my life. I lived with grandma in the big green house for the first few years of my life. Then I lived in the trailer park. Now I live in my current house.
~~~~
One day I was getting ready for school. Everything was going fine. I lived in the trailer park and I was running down the hallway. I might have been eight at the time. I couldn't stop before I reached the end of the hallway. I had a big a*s goose egg growing off my forehead. Sucked, but I got to skip school that day.
~~~~
My grandma used to have a big couch in her old house. One side of it flipped out into a bed and thats where we slept. But when it was folded up, there was a large space in the middle of the living room. 
My grandma used to watch "Hey Arnold"  with us. There was a character named stoop kid. He wouldn't leave his porch and he fought off anyone who would try to get on it. My grandma used to be able to get around more than she does now. She used to sit on the couch and through a bunch of pillows and blankets on the floor.
Jamie and I would run at her and try to get on the couch. She would grab us and throw us off the couch onto the pile of blankets. The game was consequently called "Stoop Kid".
~~~~

Random fact # 7 : I have really, really bad abandonment issues. 

~~~~

Whenever I have a great tasting Pepsi, I get sent back to when my grandma had her old green house. She never drank anything other than Pepsi. The best times over there happened after we went swimming in the K-Ville lake. We would go back to grandma's house afterwards and get pizza and Pepsi.
~~~~

My grandma's old house had the living room and the dinning room connected. She was real big on trying to keep us kids in shape. She would move everything out of the way for us to practice cartwheels. By practice I mean have me run into the cabinets at against the far wall.
~~~~

My grandma had a garage at the old house that was filled with random things. I remember there being a car in there at one point along with her brother's motorcycle. I remember being curious one day and poking my head in the door. I nearly peed myself when I saw a Knight head sitting there. 
~~~~

Grandma had a big tarp in her garage. She never really used it and Jamie I decided on a great use for it. We were the poor kids using dish soup and a hose to make our own slip and slide out of a large blue tarp. XP

~~~~

I remember it being winter and I would come inside from playing in the snow. Grandma's heater vents were huge. I would be so cold from refusing to come inside when told. I got this one blue and white blanket and would lay underneath it. The bottom was over the heater. The blanket created an air pocket and warmed me up quick.

~~~~

Random fact #8 : I have never met my birthfather.

~~~~

I remember this one like it was yesterday. A show choir competition actually. We actually were watching a group perform. We were really tired and almost half asleep. We had gone to two different competitions that day.
We were waiting on a call from the other school that we had performed at to see what our scores and ranks were. The group was done performing and it was time for the school's awards. Not long after that we were jumping with exciting for we had gotten first place at the current school. We had gotten the call and the information that we had gotten first at the other school as well. 
The best last day of the session ever!

~~~~

Random fact #9 : A lot of the times I walk into a room full of people, I sit on the floor even if there is a seat open on the couch. I am actually used to doing this because there was a big couch in my living room. Mom sat at one end and my stepdad say at the other. Jade gets home first so she sat by mom. Jamie would always get the wooden chair and I always sat on the floor. Its not that I don't want to sit on the couch, its that I'm used to siting on the floor.

~~~~

I am a really boring person during the summer. One of my favorite things to do on a nice day is to sit out on my back deck and read, write, or draw. I cannot think of a single "lazy day" of summer that I haven't done that. I remember reading three books in two days (and thats something because I am really slow reader). I would be out there from 10 to 8 most days. 

~~~~

As a senior in high school, I have to give a speech to my show choir members. I gave my speech and many people were crying because of it. The others gave their speeches too only causing more tears. In mine, I hinted at the fact that my show choir family had pretty saved me from killing myself, which they have several times.
A junior that I have been friends with for years named Wes didn't know about my situation and could read through the lines. He came up to me after everything was done and he hugged me tight. I was surprised because he isn't really a huggy person. He held onto me for a while too.
He finally loosened his grip on me and held my face in his hands and told me he was glad that I was in show choir, he would treasure all of the memories we had, he was proud of my choices, he was glad that I am alive today, I am a wonderful person that he is going to miss next year, he was glad to have become my friend, and so on. 
I don't think I have ever cried from being this happy in my entire life.

© 2014 ♋ Iris ♋


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love stories like these! it took me the whole last half hour to read it though lol!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I also enjoy reading stuff like this. Even though I already know most of these. ^_^ But omg. Stoop kid. Lol.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I agree with Justin. I really love hearing these little stories. They are what makes up a person.

Posted 10 Years Ago


i like reading this these are things that make a person all the small things id like to watch how far you take this

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
4 Reviews
Added on August 28, 2013
Last Updated on February 22, 2014

Author

♋ Iris ♋
♋ Iris ♋

About
MUSE OF SPACE PROSPIT DREAMER Iris is my pen name. My real name is Jessa. I am laid back most of the time. love anime and manga. I am a teenager but I dont know if you can say average. I .. more..

Writing