Farrel and Hazel

Farrel and Hazel

A Story by ♋ Iris ♋

The sun shown brightly through the window. Farrel rubbed his eyes and turned his face toward the shaded corner of the room. He glanced at the clock and quickly shut his eyes again. The only thing the clock was good for was reminding him that he was late for another day of work.
Laying there, he thought about what could happen today if he went to work. The only things that came to mind were negative things. He decided that he was going to call into work and explain the situation. They would tell him to take all of the time that he needed and that he should stay home. Then he would walk to the refrigerator, grab a beer, and sit in front of the t.v. until he drank himself stupid.
He sighed and sat up. The room was dirty. Its as if it was shot at and missed and s**t at and hit. He rubbed his temples and debated on whether or not he should lay back down and go back to sleep. He shook his head.
He flinched as he touched his feet against the cold wooden floor. Farrel had to bow his head and blink a few times. This happened a lot nowadays. Tears always tried to escape when reality hits him.
It took everything he had inside of him to push himself off the bed and drag his feet to the door of his room. He sighed as he placed his forehead against the door. "You can do this Ferral." His voice was strained. The only thing he wanted right now was beer. "Make it to the refrigerator. Get yourself a beer."
The chilled air gave the man goosebumps. He was only wearing his boxers and his "wife beater" tank top. He's wore the same clothes since Sunday and today was Wednesday. He had to work so hard to get up out of bed let alone get himself into the shower.
Once he finally reached the refrigerator, he grabbed a bottle of beer and dragged his feet into the living room. Farrel tried to keep his eyes on his feet, but as he had done since Sunday, his gaze drifted over to a door. A door with pink and purple letters spelling out the name "Hazel".
He flinched and walked over to the recliner chair. The chair was facing the t.v. But the sound of the t.v. never filled the room. Farrel never reached for the remote. He never reached for the phone to call into work. The room was silent other than the squish of liquid as he tipped the bottle back.
This young man at the age of twenty-one was majorly depressed. The struggle to get himself into the living room would be proof enough to any professional. He would get drunk to escape the real world and to save him from what he might do.
"Daddy..." 
Farrel closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. His chest began to ache. He took another swig of his beer trying, in vain, to drowned out any sound. "Daddy..." This time he jumped out of his chair. The voice sounded like it was in his ear. He covered his ears as he laid on the floor.
"Daddy..." A scent filled the air. It was the smell of his own cologne. He hasn't put on cologne in days. He uncovered on of his ears and put one hand over his nose. "Daddy." 
Farrel jumped up into a sitting position. Something touched the top of his head! He looked around the room. "Hey daddy!" He sat there wide eyed at the sight. "Daddy?" Farrel's daughter was standing right in front of him. She looked just like she three days ago. Short, cute...but translucent. She was...a ghost.
"Is daddy ok?" She asked with a sad look on her face. "Are you sad because you smell bad?" She asked holding out his cologne bottle. "Do you feel sick?" She asked questions as only a four year old would. 
"Ha-Hazel..?" The young girl smiled and suddenly disappeared. She reappeared right next to him on her knees.
"I'm right here daddy." She says to him. "Your Haze is right here." She wrapped her arms around her father. Farrel sat there for a moment, not knowing what to do. He wrapped his arms around her tiny frame. "Your Haze is here to stay." 

© 2014 ♋ Iris ♋


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Why do you hurt me this wayyyy.... ? ;n; *sobs* But, This is very well written. Yes, there are a few typos, but the over all story is wonderful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


♋ Iris ♋

10 Years Ago

Thanks hun. I tried.
There are a fair bit of typos throughout this, pay particular attention to conjugations and tenses. Most of the small mistakes were not too distracting, but your sentence "Its as if it was shot at and missed and s**t at and hit." was a bit confusing. Probably from too many 'ands', try "missed then s**t" or some other word to break the repetition of the ands. I like the creepy ending. (And the way he keeps saying he will call in to work, but never does)

Posted 10 Years Ago


♋ Iris ♋

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your review. The sentence that confused you, now that I look at it, could be rather confu.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 29, 2014
Last Updated on January 29, 2014

Author

♋ Iris ♋
♋ Iris ♋

About
MUSE OF SPACE PROSPIT DREAMER Iris is my pen name. My real name is Jessa. I am laid back most of the time. love anime and manga. I am a teenager but I dont know if you can say average. I .. more..

Writing