Proverbs for inspiration June 14, 2015 - July 3, 2015
winner - [writing deleted]
Compose a story in which your MC is trying to do one of these thing but gets unexpected outcomes. Be creative, try to avoid making it look like cliche.
1. "When in Rome, do as the Romans."
2."Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."
3. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
4. "Never look a gift horse in the mouth."
5. "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs."
6. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
7. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
8. "Good things come to those who wait."
It would be nice if you ACTUALLY WRITE a new story using this theme instead of submitting old stories. I might delete this contest if I don't receive at least 3 submissions according to the instructions.
P.S: Mention the proverb at the bottom of your story in brackets, large font and underline.
Created Jun 14, 2015