Scare A Horror Author 2 August 31, 2016 - October 31, 2016
Immediately following the conclusion of the first contest and declaring "The Other Half" by Lev821 as the scariest story, I found myself hooked, addicted even, to hosting these contests. Here are the rules.
1) Give me an original and non-cliche story that you have created to consider.
2) Make sure the story is actually a HORROR, please. If it has elements of thriller/suspense that's okay, but just make sure the main theme is horror. I don't want to read the script from a lifetime movie.
3) Only a couple of stories in the last contest were hard to read because of the formatting. Please, if you can, make sure that the paragraph spacing is 1.5 or double spaced. Also, please don't write in a font that makes the letters bold and fat. It makes the lines run together and makes it easy to accidentally skip over essential parts of the story.
4) Make it a horror. I know that I mentioned this before, but there were quite a few stories in the first contest that were fun to read but didn't fall into the genre.
5) Write the story and edit it before you submit, please. You have two months to create something that can wow me and gives me nightmares. DO NOT write it then immediately submit it without proofreading. I can tell if you do this and it doesn't work out very well.
6) There are no limits. If you want to add gore, go ahead and do it. However, don't make a story bloody just for the sake of making it bloody. It has to matter to the plot. I HATE shock value horror.
Extra Note: The first contest lasted just three weeks and I saw a few VERY good stories. So to get in the spirit of the coming season of horror, I am extending the length of this contest to two months. It will end on Halloween day and, depending on how many submissions I get, will try to have the results posted by the 1st or 2nd of November.
If you have a writer's Facebook page or website, I'll promote it on my page if you win.
Created Aug 31, 2016